Have I Got News For You - Series 42

I hope everyone enjoyed last night's extended HIGNFY. I couldn't because we had a documentary about the Newcastle Metro on BBC One North East instead.

iPlayer dear boy, iPlayer!

Quote: Will Cam @ October 17 2011, 1:18 PM BST

iPlayer dear boy, iPlayer!

I know, I'm watching it now, but it's a bloody pain in the arse.

I wonder if Liam Fox's resignation was conciously timed to be announced after the show was recorded? ;)

Louise Mensch really is an extraordinarily repellent person, isn't she? The completely mute audience response to everything she said was extremely satisfying (as were Paul, Danny and Ian's responses to her "arguments").

I won't see this week's episode until Sunday, but have always found her both witty and charming.

I would say that nobody on last night's panel (and most of the people on Twitter) would agree with you.

One point she seemed to be trying to make, unless I mis-heard her, was that you shouldn't be campaigning/protesting against globalisation and at the same time spending your money in Starbucks?

Seems a fair point to me.

Quote: fasty @ October 22 2011, 10:29 AM BST

One point she seemed to be trying to make, unless I mis-heard her, was that you shouldn't be campaigning/protesting against globalisation and at the same time spending your money in Starbucks?

Yeah I think it was too, really!
I'm sure there are plenty of little independent cafes around St Paul's where they could have spent their money.

Her point about Starbucks was perfectly valid. It doesn't take away from the fact she's a poisonous little snake.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ October 22 2011, 12:31 PM BST

It doesn't take away from the fact she's a poisonous little snake.

I still would though ;)

Quote: fasty @ October 22 2011, 1:05 PM BST

I still would though ;)

Her one redeeming feature Lovey

As long as you realise you 'wouldn't'.
Because she'd quite rightly tell you to f**k off. ;)

I'd like to form a tripartisan coalition with Louise Mensch and Caroline Flint.

Quote: fasty @ October 22 2011, 10:29 AM BST

Yes, she had a point, but she appeared to make it badly; part of the objections were to her extrapolating a single cup of coffee at Starbucks to mean "taking everything that capitalism provides". Her main fault, however, was to imagine that she would be treated fairly on that programme. She would have been wise to have avoided giving them any ammunition.