The IT Crowd 5.0 Page 6

A far superior write-up of the story includes more info, that'll please zooo if no one else: https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000657/no_series_5_it_crowd_graham_linehan/

Could to hear about the Count that is a definite bonus! :)

Quote: Aaron @ October 21 2011, 2:19 PM BST

includes more info, that'll please zooo if no one else

Yayyyyyyyyyyy!

Linehan also revealed that he is still working on bringing the character of Count Arthur Strong to television

Lovey

Did he only do one series of Black Books?

Yay and much excitement about the film

I was surprised there were only 3 series of Father Ted.

Yeah, a bit of a kick in the nuts for me personally when he told me, but understandable if he's not feeling it.

I certainly felt there was a series or two worth of really good ideas and stories developed, but at the end of the day if he's not feeling the urge to do a full series then it's understandable. He'd never previously done a fourth series, so a fifth was perhaps stretching it too far for him.

Was obviously a great experience to work with him, and the others involved, even if nothing will come of it.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 21 2011, 3:30 PM BST

Yeah, a bit of a kick in the nuts for me personally when he told me, but understandable if he's not feeling it.

I certainly felt there was a series or two worth of really good ideas and stories developed, but at the end of the day if he's not feeling the urge to do a full series then it's understandable. He'd never previously done a fourth series, so a fifth was perhaps stretching it too far for him.

Was obviously a great experience to work with him, and the others involved, even if nothing will come of it.

:(
Are you allowed to keep your ideas, or are they locked in a quantumy copyright cupboard?

Quote: AJGO @ October 21 2011, 3:32 PM BST

:(
Are you allowed to keep your ideas, or are they locked in a quantumy copyright cupboard?

I own all my ideas, yeah.

Well, that's disappointing. I was under the impression that series 5 was already in production.

Quote: Andicus @ October 21 2011, 5:03 PM BST

Well, that's disappointing. I was under the impression that series 5 was already in production.

It was, then the production was abandoned. Read above.

Bit surprised to read that Linehan thinks that the 4th series was the highpoint. It was great, but the first 3 were in a class of their own in comparison.

Quote: David Bussell @ October 21 2011, 1:44 PM BST

I blame Matt Stott for all of this.

He's going to get a kicking if he has the nerve to show at the meet-up.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 21 2011, 3:30 PM BST

I had completely missed this thread and was told the other day that you were involved in Series 5, so started reading through this from page 1. So now I am almost simultaneously saying "great news on the gig", and "what a bummer" to cover the disappointment. Seriously, it is a genuine well done and commiserations at once. Good experience, no doubt, which I'm sure you'll follow through. Ultimately, well done the Stott!

Sorry to hear that, well done & bad luck Matthew

Maybe we can hire Matt Berry to come to the Meet up & read some of your lines out, we won't be able to afford the whole Cast
So Kevin can play Roy, Bussell can play Moz & Zooo can play the bird who's in it

No role for AngieBaby?