Current radio comedy Page 76

Classic what? rubbish? well suppose you are a fan.

My worst fear about John Finnemore's Programme was realized, it sounded too much like Mitchell and Webb's Sound. Aside from that it was excellent.

Yeah, I thought it was good - patchy, but good and fresh enough in the good bits to pull up the average.

Is he really writing the whole series alone? Impressive hit rate if so.

you could try Unspoken Words, they're 15 minute stories in a David Sederis kind of way, but the next season won't go out on Resonance FM or The Source FM in Cornwall until the new year.
sample episodes are at: www.youtube.com/macdtv

Did anyone else catch Hard to Tell, a new show in the 6.30 slot? Very promising I thought. Written by Jonny Sweet and has a great cast. I liked the theme of communication running through it with all the phone calls and texts.

Quote: Kaytee @ October 11 2011, 8:28 PM BST

Did anyone else catch Hard to Tell, a new show in the 6.30 slot? Very promising I thought. Written by Jonny Sweet and has a great cast. I liked the theme of communication running through it with all the phone calls and texts.

Written by Jonny Sweet? Love him, have to check that out.

Quote: Kaytee @ October 11 2011, 8:28 PM BST

Just listened to this. It was pretty good - not as flat-out brilliant as 'Party' but there's room for it to grow and I really enjoyed it.

Just listened to the new Rory Bremner topical comedy Tonight. How can he afford the time away from Strictly? Patchy and not quite as topical as I would have expected but promising.

Not on the radio as such, but Radio Rejects have started doing a radio sitcom recording each month. This month it was Paul Hinton, Lord of all the Beasts by Dale Shaw.

Listen/download from there if you want something new. I was at the recording and it is very funny.

Dan

I've been enjoying Radio 4's Warhorses of Letters. I've liked it so much that I've funded towards the publication of the book, which is being sponsered by Unbound, the crowd-sourced publishing firm created by QI's John Mitchinson and Justin Pollard.

You can also help fund the letters by visiting the Unbound website.

On R4 critics forum it has has bad reviews, Rory Bremner bit better.

I personally think ; 'Clare in the Community' and 'Fags,Mags and Bags' are so better and would fit on telly and win BAFTAs, really excellent comedy, I want to emulate but that is my standard.

Please other guys on here? there can't only be me, shout up!

Sorry John, did'nt make me chuckle! methinks mine would have been better!

Tonights Listen Against was bloody hilarious

And it had Harry Biscuit!

Quote: Kaytee @ October 11 2011, 7:28 PM GMT

I heard the first two. I so much wanted to like it as it had a good premise and a good cast.

But just couldn't get into it.

I was wondering about that quote on the main page today about Mark Steel's in Town from The Independent. Now, as much as I like the show, I can't help but think that The Indy believes that because Mark Steel is one of their columnists.

Quote: swerytd @ September 8 2011, 10:00 AM GMT

Just for reference, I've listened to the latest series of Cabin Pressure which was, as per usual, totally excellent.

Forbes Masson and Alan Cummings phoned: they'd like their show back. Dearie, dearie me.