Rab C. Nesbitt - Series 10

Really looking forward to this, so let's hope it's a "gid yin".

I was dubious when Rab came back after a good few years break, but the quality of characters and story lines were as good as ever, so keen to see what S10 can dig up!!

All the best,
Cal :)

I saw an trailer for this last night, Richard E Grant is in it.

I cannnae wait :)

This comes on later and later doesn't it. 10 o'clock now! I shall have to stay up especially as I'm a Nesbitt fan even though I haven't seen the last series yet. I didn't even know it was on till it was nearly over. The Christmas special just before it was excellent.

I'll keep this short, in order to preserve this first episode for folks who haven't viewed it yet.

Three words .... Pure Dead Brilliant!!!

Okay, let me throw in a few more ... The whole feel of RCN has moved on, but in my opinion, as good as ever and the laughs and satire is as fresh and "in your face" as ever.

All the best,

Was a huge fan back in the day, but really disappointed with this new series first episode. Forced humour. Odd atmosphere, timing not as slick. Going through the motions? I dunno.. disappointed, though.

Truth be told? I couldn't care any less for this show now. I own Series 1 to 8 in the DVD boxset (which includes the reunion episode). And this is all I will own from the show. I don't own series 9 and I've never seen it either. And the same will go for this series 10 as well. Judging from the reunion episiode they had that was the whole vibe the show was going to carry on into the new series being made. And it's not for me because the reunion episide is pretty bad. It's got nothing that made the show great to begin with. The vibe is gone. And the show should have remained in the past. Damn the BBC idiots for cancelling Legit for the likes of this muck! Legit was fresh and new and funny. It was full of potential. This show had its time and its time is long since passed. MOVE ON BBC! STOP BEING LAZY AND LIVING IN THE PAST WORKING OFF OF PAST GLORIES! I have two pals and one uncle that watched the new Nesbitt. One of my pals likes it, the other pal and my uncle are of the same frame of mind I am in that the show has had its time and should be left alone.

Jamesy Cotter wasn't in it was he?

The reunion episode? Jamesie was but just in a cameo role in the pub and a tiny bit in the cafe. The pub by the way was run by a bint and not by Norrie. Norrie is the only barkeep for the show. He had been there since series 2. Yet another reason why the new version sucks.

Just watched this and thoroughly enjoyed it (but have to admit I'm a born and bred Govanite).

I agree that this new series may not hold onto the unique flavour of Rab C in the 90s ... but based on the measure of other current comedy, I still think it packs a punch (a million miles away from some tired old script, desperate for viewing figures ... like some offerings out there).

All the best,

... Also, can't remember Rab or Marydoll using the F Word in past episodes, or was I sleeping?

Quote: SivoxII @ October 8 2011, 9:17 AM BST

... Also, can't remember Rab or Marydoll using the F Word in past episodes, or was I sleeping?

I can't remember that either. Have they ever? I seem to think his favourite word is 'bastard'.

I loved it, haven't laughed that hard in ages.

I thought it was relevant, currrent and didn't shy away from issues of today... and very very funny.

Ditto Angie!!!!

... I was almost in tears as the Polis arrived ootside the Nesbitt residence (and the one liners that followed).

Also, I would agree that Rab's sentences frequently included 'Bastard' and Marydoll 'Oh My God' ... so a mild shock to hear them both use the F Word in the same episode.

All the best,

I avoided watching this as I have so many fond memories of watching it on a Friday night when I was younger.

I didn't want a repeat of the cringe worthy feeling I had when I watched The Royle Family- The Golden Egg Cup or The New Sofa.

Still I keep hearing really good reviews of Rab10 so may crack at some point.
Is it really that good or will I have my memories tarnished? ;)

I liked it. Only Rab would counter being tasered by urinating on the taser. It was quite a ridiculous situation in the home siege but that didn't bother me. I'll watch again.