As It Occurs To Me Page 3

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 19 2010, 10:11 AM BST

I've seen it live before, yes.

It's definitely a lot more fun live. Herring really knows how to work the crowd and he's obviously got a loyal fan base that makes for a good atmosphere.

You also get a better sense of what's ad libbed, what's scripted, and the chemistry between the performers, imo.

Plus, as Ellie said, you get a half hour of semi-improvised Herring before the main act kicks off, which is pretty funny. Good value for money.

I'll definitely give the podcast a go but I was getting a bit weary of it all towards the end of the last serie.

It's still quite in-jokey, but there's enough original stuff to have a laugh even if you don't get all the references.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 19 2010, 9:39 AM BST

I can confirm that you get to watch this even if you do not go down on him.

Oh really? Damn!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 19 2010, 10:19 AM BST

I'll definitely give the podcast a go but I was getting a bit weary of it all towards the end of the last serie.

I hadn't listened to much of the podcast but really enjoyed it anyway (even with the in jokes). The person I was with helped me out a little bit with the running jokes though... thank goodness.

Quote: Mr Snodworthy @ January 26 2010, 8:52 AM BST

Best podcast I've heard in a long time. Inventive, upbeat, filthy, childish fun.

This is actually all true.

I'd say it's Repetetive, Self indulgent, Lazy, Crude & very hit & miss.

Not that I don't listen to it from time to time & enjoy a fair amount of it.
And I Imagine that it's much more fun seeing it live.

It's still funny. However, there seems to be a rule much like 'the more sequels a superhero franchise has, the camper it gets' which is 'the more you try and write a weekly comedy show by yourself based on your own experiences, the more it will tend to jokes about poo and bumming.'

I'm not knocking it, as it's a podcast that is *not* just two people sitting in a room chatting to each other, but a proper comedy show. The poo/cum/bumming jokes are a lot to take though. And Tiny Andrew Collins was not particularly funny.

Dan

For anyone who's interested, As It Occurs To Me: The Complete Cumpkin is available from Go Faster Stripe

All of series 1, 2 and 3; all the secret stand-up; an hour and forty minutes of stand-up video; all the scripts and a poster. It has a (frankly ludicrous) run-time of 35 hours and 37 minutes for £15.

Dan