Two And A Half Men Page 2

Charlies gone.
Ashtons in.
Well they gave him a good send off anyway

Apparently the first new ep was watched by 28 million people in America. 28 MILLION!

I liked Two and a half men, Charlie made me laugh.

The new episode was okay but Ashton's character is too nice. It'll never last.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 21 2011, 8:57 AM BST

Apparently the first new ep was watched by 28 million people in America. 28 MILLION!

It was also huge in Canada with 5 million viewers. CTV claim it to be the second most watched comedy programme of all time, and that a third of all Canadians watching at least some part of the show.

And in the UK it had 803,000 viewers on Comedy Central. The highest rating the channel has received (presumably that goes back to its origins as Paramount Channel). Normally the show is the channels' most popular anyway but with a consolidated average of around 350,000 for premiere episodes. This could end up over a million once DVR viewing is added and should be in the top ten shows for the non-PSB channels.

It was a very poor episode. The first appearance of Ashton Kutcher at the window, was not funny.
The 'Manly men' intro was only manly in a gay way.
Lucky if it gets to eight episodes!

Been watching it most nights, I like Charlie's irredeemably naughty boy character, he says things we think! His brother sometimes tipped over into , just too annoying and feeble" though, the kid was masterful!

Think they've made a mistake with Ashton Kutcher. His entrance was poor. They should have wrote that Charlie left Berta the house, would have been much better.

Ashton's character is too much like the kid's (Jake) He's dumb, but he's lovable but not particularly ripe for comedic material.

The reason the show worked was Charlie, he was a bastard but there was a heart some where in him. It was funny watching him fight between what was right and wrong, plus having his goody two shoes brother and funny kid made for great exchanges.

Now we have a dumb rich guy, a goody two shoes and a bloke who everyone used to like as a kid but now just looks uncomfortable.

With all the 'I want to die cos my wife has left me' thing, it felt The Odd Couple.

Jon Cryer is a great actor, so they should make a new show and new character just for him, as a kind of apology for Sheen's behaviour. Why not put him into a work-based sitcom as a change of scene? Make him the new chairman of a failing publisher's, brought in to combat the rise in e-books; have him in a suite, reacting to a load of oddball employees who are either dyslexic or haven't read anything longer than the TV Guide. Call it 'Book Ends', perhaps, or 'The Book of Life'.

But, you know, the network/studio have worked a long time to make this show the hit it is and they're not going to let the lead actor getting the boot stop them from building on that work.

Perhaps it is time to re-title the show, though? Three Whole Men, perhaps? Or Three Grown Men? That way, we would know the difference between the Charlie era and now.

Quote: Dave @ September 22 2011, 11:46 PM BST

Jon Cryer is a great actor, so they should make a new show and new character just for him

I used to watch him in a great sitcom in the '90s. What the heck was it...

*checks imdb*

Think it must have been Partners. Was very funny.

Quote: zooo @ September 23 2011, 1:29 AM BST

Think it must have been Partners. Was very funny.

It must have been, because it was.

I loved that show so much I even had a page about it on the internet at the time. Ahh, the enthusiasm of youth and the new fangly internet you could dial into. Anyway, as a result I got emails from both Jon Cryer saying he was pleased someone enjoyed the show, and producer Jeff Greenstein who said how much they enjoyed making it and how they though the cliffhanger ending would have been resolved.