Community Page 4

Quote: Ben @ April 16 2011, 11:16 PM BST

I like the one where Chevy Chase does drugs.

The bit where Abed dressed as batman saves them as the chairs are about to collapse is very funny.

What are they actually studying? Is it just Spanish? I mean, surely Jeff is there to study law? I was under the impression that a community college was some type of lowrent university, so maybe I've got it all wrong.

Quote: Ben @ April 22 2011, 2:03 PM BST

What are they actually studying? Is it just Spanish? I mean, surely Jeff is there to study law? I was under the impression that a community college was some type of lowrent university, so maybe I've got it all wrong.

They're all studying a variety of things, but each are taking a Spanish module; or at least they were in the first season. It doesn't rally focus too much on what they're studying though.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 22 2011, 3:22 PM BST

They're all studying a variety of things, but each are taking a Spanish module; or at least they were in the first season. It doesn't rally focus too much on what they're studying though.

I thought they were studying a variety of things which was confusing me. I'll live though.

I've just started watching this today, and I'm loving it so far. About to watch 'Modern Warfare' episode! :D

I can not WAIT for the new season this is by far my favourite show on TV right now.

Long time no see. How are things in Canuckistan?

Hey bud, things are busy but going well. I'm teaching high school full time. I'd continue more bud I know Admin hates it when we go off topic in non general forums. :)

My season 2 DVD arrived the other day, so I've just started to work my way through it.

It is brilliant.

Season 2 is brilliant. So meta :D

It's the kind of fast paced, packed show we can't (or should I say won't) do over here.

Yes I think you're right. It's a proper sitcom but thoroughly modern and exciting. I heart Community.

The run of episodes from Annie losing her pen until the Christmas episode were amazing. Every episode brilliant yet so completely different without compromising anything. The tonal switch from one week building a blanket fort city, to the surprisingly sober coming-of-age tale for Troy's birthday is something I cannot see any other show being able to pull off.

I cannot remember a sitcom having such a such a great spell since Seinfeld season 4. And though that was longer, it never tried to do anything near as impressive as Community achieved.

The AV Club did a brilliant 4 part interview with Community creator Dan Harmon going over every episode of the second series in some detail.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/dan-harmon-walks-us-through-communitys-second-seas,57085/

The season kicked off pretty well last night considering it was a 'setup the new year' episode. NBC did a lot of promo's for John Goodman's appearance but Omar from The Wire totally stole the best guest star award. The Cougarton Abbey and Inspector Spacetime bits were great concepts and further proof Community is the most British aware sitcom currently going in the USA.