Thought I'd put myself up for a pasting... Page 7

oh stop bloody turning it around like YOU are the victim you said some really out of order things aswell so take responsiblity for them, TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!!! I bloody have and im a woman. Can we let this go now please , we obviously don't get on and are maybe somewhat simular in ways because it looks like we both love a good mass debate and an arguement, I bet you are a bloody gemini or something I dunno and I don't care because you are one of those people who I really wouldnt piss on if you were on fire, and for me being a yogi and that, that really is something heavy man. And I havent subscribed to your YouTube channel, if I have accidently when I was getting revenge for you marking down about a hundred of my 229 videos on there then please unsubscribe me. Blimey lets write a sketch about an argument on a forum we would be good at that! Anyway, best of luck to you too and I sincerely mean that because at the end of the day it gets dark.

Quote: Clare Harrison @ September 17 2011, 2:06 AM BST

oh stop bloody turning it around like YOU are the victim you said some really out of order things aswell so take responsiblity for them, TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!!! I bloody have and im a woman. Can we let this go now please , we obviously don't get on and are maybe somewhat simular in ways because it looks like we both love a good mass debate and an arguement, I bet you are a bloody gemini or something I dunno and I don't care because you are one of those people who I really wouldnt piss on if you were on fire, and for me being a yogi and that, that really is something heavy man. And I havent subscribed to your YouTube channel, if I have accidently when I was getting revenge for you marking down about a hundred of my 229 videos on there then please unsubscribe me.

Of course I'll take it like a man, that's just the way my chromosomes are laid out.

As for your accusation that I've taken the time to "mark down" your videos, I promise you that's not the case. It's just not a very adult way to behave, is it?

I have to say, I'm a little confused by this comment you left a few months ago though...

I guess you liked that sketch at least.

Anyway, it's late and the weekend lays before us. Have fun, one and all!

Laughing out loud A great night of comedy, you could'nt write it, fabulous!

Dear Clare,
You don't know me but I'd thought I'd chime in with some voice of reason anyway.

One) Your sequence of posts read like someone publicly having a nervous breakdown.

Two) Leaving a troll comment on Bussell's video like that is bang out of order. F**king bang out of order! It paints you as someone who is potentially vicious and currently in the death throes of a red-wine-soaked mid-life crisis.

Three.) Will Cam is not relaxed, he's a bland, yet ultimately harmless, background character with very little spark or posts of any value, who publicly accuses all and sundry of being trolls then privately pm's them with apologies once the mods have disproved his suspicions, and he's already pretty much driven away redzed (a Zoetrope comp winning writer away from the boards after accusing him of also being Teddy P, some other other dude who came and went, and me)

Four.) I've encountered you and your work elsewhere. I love the fact you've picked up a camera and shot stuff yourself and that puts you on the road and above people who talk about doing things without actually doing them.
At the moment, in critique, I'd peg you as a "first thought" comedian, basically sticking with the first idea that pops in there.

To enhance your rep and quality of your work above that of an A-Level media studies student I'd broadly advise focusing on the craft of writing. It's an art form, if you're filming gags for a bit of a laugh then no harm done, if you're serious about being the best you possibly can be then these are all good for rough drafts but maybe not as audition pieces. As said, I deeply respect anyone who picks up a camera and shoots. Along with pen and paper it's your biggest tool to utilize.

Five) I'm in no position to be specific or objective about placing value your work because it's not my thing. I consider pun based stuff, innuendoes and weak groan gags to be fine enough, but personally I like my comedy to have a passion, or bloodlust or point of view, or something that marks it out as original authorship. People on these boards have made money out of stringing together various puns and spineless lightweight whimsy, so, maybe my opinion is restricted to me and my own comedy.

Six) When a person gives you advice - by good-natured default, they're telling you how to be more like them. Such is the nature of advice.
If you want advice, you most likely just want someone to reassure you of what you already know. If they tell you otherwise you'll either discount it, or you'll take it and no longer be following the instincts that got you into comedy in the first place. So either way, advice means little.

Seven) Learn to be your own biggest fan/critic. Thinking you're always right, and everyone else is wrong and out to get you is placing a severe limitation on yourself, and all that fufilling talent really is, is seeing beyond limitations and finding a way in no matter what the cost.

Eight) Don't take websites so personally, this is a good, well run and well put together guide and the forums have lots of people who do stand up, who submit sketches and screenplays and who have a lot of fingers in a lot of pies. Some are just here to discuss their favourite sandwich filling or whatever and a very small minority are just the usual harmless, internet lunatics you encounter all over the www. Forums are fun but time consuming, I used to spend a couple of hours a day here uploading sketches etc and in just five days away from the intenet I've won a stand up comp, finished a screenplay, visited family and caught up on all sorts. All through not going online and following random links until 3 in the morning. Get a pen, download Beethoven's 'Allegretto from Symphony 7 in A' and write, re-write and write some more.

Nine) Relax. Stop stressing. Life is short. Accomplish every dream you have, no matter how stupid or slight, just do your absolute best. If you want to make a short film, do it. A podcast? Easy. Open mic, easy. Draft a novel, sketch a comic strip. Stop being so negative because you'll lose and carry regret into old age. If you have a good idea, chase it. Don't stutter or put it off, chase it like a motherf**ker because the second you give up, that's the story of you... what could've been.

Ten) Start using the space bar in your posts.

In keeping with the positive karma, here's my last bit of lightweight food for thought before I wander off again:

Good luck, and calm down.

Quote: Jack Daniels @ July 20 2011, 12:04 AM BST

If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives, jobs, and maybe your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery, isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance. Of how much you really want to do it. And you'll do it, despite rejection in the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods. And the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

nb

I've said it before I'll say it again (I have short term memory loss)

If you're a false persona. Sudden changes in style/grammar/spelling are dead give aways. So after a day or so you let yourself down and then it's pretty obvious who you are.

Secondly. If yu've spent some considerable time inventing a persona, writing posts, responding and maintaining false personas. Well done you have wasted a small amount of mine and others time. Good for you, I actually find it quite amusing. You've wasted more of your own time.

This is akin to shitting your own pants so I have to put up with the smell. Good for you.

Bussell's rep will only be helped by attracting a proper loon to his sites.

Now can we please move on abit.

I have a fantastically offensive and poorly written skit awaiting a slating.

Oh and welcome back Jack.

Quote: Jack Daniels @ September 17 2011, 10:12 AM BST

Dear Clare,
You don't know me but I'd thought I'd chime in with some voice of reason anyway.

Three.) Will Cam is not relaxed, he's a bland, yet ultimately harmless, background character with very little spark or posts of any value, who publicly accuses all and sundry of being trolls then privately pm's them with apologies once the mods have disproved his suspicions, and he's already pretty much driven away redzed (a Zoetrope comp winning writer away from the boards after accusing him of also being Teddy P, some other other dude who came and went.

Just what we needed at the moment, another longwinded self-opinionated poster with a history of ranting and raging in equal measures.

Quote: Will Cam @ September 17 2011, 10:58 AM BST

Just what we needed at the moment, another longwinded self-opinionated poster with a history of ranting and raging in equal measures.

Don't be a prick, it's the truth.

Is this thread still going? James Cotter must be shitting himself that its going to beat one of his!

Quote: bigfella @ September 17 2011, 11:27 AM BST

Is this thread still going? James Cotter must be shitting himself that its going to beat one of his!

Laughing out loud

Quote: David Bussell @ September 17 2011, 2:29 AM BST

Of course I'll take it like a man, that's just the way my chromosomes are laid out.

I have to say, I'm a little confused by this comment you left a few months ago though...

I guess you liked that sketch at least.

Anyway, it's late and the weekend lays before us. Have fun, one and all!

Yes David I loved that sketch its genius! It is well filmed and funny and my sense of humour all the way. And anyway ive let this all go now between us on here, I hope you are not still carrying it because im not. Have a good weak-end. Laughing out loud

Quote: bigfella @ September 17 2011, 11:27 AM BST

Bigfella you do make me chuckle my baps off with your funny pop ins on these arguements, id like to know who Cotter is who is he? Angelic

Quote: Clare Harrison @ September 17 2011, 11:52 AM BST

Yes David I loved that sketch its genius! It is well filmed and funny and my sense of humour all the way. And anyway ive let this all go now between us on here, I hope you are not still carrying it because im not. Have a good weak-end. Laughing out loud

Certainly not. Take care of yourself.

Soot & Lee I am not a mole or a troll seriously im just a skint actress with nothing better to do and although I appologised out of my arse several times on here in the last few days im not doing that anymore because it doesn't work, a Judge told me that once aswell....... when I was working in Court so it looks like please and thank you don't apply alot on here, although I do thank you to some of the people who have taken the time and effort to look at my work and I promise it is my work I submitted and my images etc, I was being foolish saying it wasnt me and just playing mind tricks, I do sense that there have been trolls on here before and I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say I have been true to myself through all this apart from pretending I was a troll, that was just a bit of trickery because I felt bomnarded by everyones negativity. I can understand that you have maybe met these types of characters on here before and don't trust people when they are newcomers and I should have really tried to build up trust with you and not done trickery. Im off to consult my crystal balls....... Hug

Ok well carry this to your grave David because ive let this go....... see you around (hopefully not) . Console

Consistency is the mother of integrity.

Consistency is the mother of integrity.

Quote: Clare Harrison @ September 17 2011, 12:02 PM BST

Ok well carry this to your grave David because ive let this go....... see you around (hopefully not) . Console

Apologies, Claire, I should have been clearer. The "certainly not" was in reference to your hoping I didn't bear a grudge. I don't. I sincerely wish you all the best.

Quote: David Bussell @ September 17 2011, 11:55 AM BST

Certainly not. Take care of yourself.

don't tel me to take care of myself, its you who should be worried about that, don't patronise me you middle class twat who has had everything on a plate in life! There are some really amazing people on here who deserve to put people in their place like me, I do deserve to be put in my place I admit that, but only by people who talk the talk like this Jack guy, yeah he slated me but I deserved it and he also talked some really good stuff and played the game intelligently. You however, steam in and put people down, you even picked on some guys script to the extent of just trying to filter out ONE word, yes just one word that didnt mean anything, go and be a bloody English teacher becausethat's the only thing you seem good at, correcting peoples English! I know my English is not great but I didnt have the oportunities like you have having had it all on a plate. Plus ive spoken to a few people who have heard of you and they think you are trying too hard to be funny and are not. I tried to make peace with you and let this all go and you cant, so if you want to carry on battling with me I will because until you " wouldnt let it lie" im gonna come back like a bad case of herpes! Pirate

Blimey you are clever ill give you that David, but then you are middle class and middle class people are obviously better than us lower classes arnt they? Thanks I really appreciate the fact you took this with a pure & kind heart I really do and im truely sorry we got shitty with each other, maybe you and I are the same in some ways, like they say life is a big mirror but again I said the whole quantum physics and spiritual stuff can't be brought here because I got cained for it at the beginning. But anyway with feet on the ground stuff, thanks, I really appreciate the fact you accepted my olive branch & sincerly wish you the best and im glad we are at peace now... phew...... I can go and rest now.