Women in Slapstick Page 2

I LOVE that film.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ April 6 2011, 9:18 PM BST

I LOVE that film.

Me too!

IIRC Rab C Nesbitt's long suffering wife Mary-Doll, and Ella, inflict pain, and have been victims of it too.

I would love to see a sitcom with two to four good young comediennes doing "Bottom"/"The Young Ones" style slapstick violence. That would really break the mold!

Any reason this thread is in the Writers' section and not General?

Oh - and I couldn't care less about women (or indeed men) in slapstick (staying on-topic).

This is always a tricky one but I find that if the woman is set up to hurt herself it can work.

:)

This is MY comedy character Period Woman, you might like her, yet again you might not:

links removed by zooo

That should be in either critique (if it's still in progress and wanting feedback) or showcase (if it's finished and you just want to show people).

Thank you, Nat!

Clare, please only put your work in the right places, you know where they are by now. Feel free to repost the links in the correct forum.

Its pretty fitting for there though but as you will.

Well no; this is a discussion about women in slapstick and the execution of female slapstick characters within the Writers' Discussion section.

Like I said as you will

;) Yeh Slap Off! I think food fights and arm wrestling are ok between men and women. I have had a couple of wrestling matches with a pal of mine, hilarious but alas, always after drinking loads!

As with all risky topics, depends how its done. Saw a hilarious Fry and Laurie sketch the other day where Laurie hit a woman.

I'd recommend writing it with your discretion and having several females read and give you feedback on if they think it feels on the funny side of outrageous.

Quote: ToddB @ 30th March 2011, 7:11 AM

Hi all...

I was discussing the roles female characters can take in slapstick with a fellow performer/writer the other day. The comedy that I am writing has a mixed cast and I would likem to involve the women in the slapstick - not only giving but recieving.
We were discussing how it is funny for a woman to hit a man, but not a man a woman. Women, I think, can hit women - that's fine (so to speak!). What can a man do to a woman in slapstick without crossing the boundaries of taste?

hello,
me and my partner are doing a violent slapstick performance.
which includes male and female violence, i know this thread was posted a long time ago. But if you have any more info on the subject it would be much appreciated.