Shooting Stars Page 42

Another Series over too soon!

I just love all the special touches that they put into this show, like randomly speaking with oversized teeth or when Bob wonders if his colleague Mr Vic Reeves, who should be seated...here...ah hello! Cracks me up EVERY time, and I don't even know why!

And the poor Buzzard, I hope his confidence comes back after Vic's terrible assaults.

Oh well, I guess we've got Angelos' solo show to tide us over until SS comes back...hopefully it WILL come back...

Here's a beter way to explain what I meant about the new episodes not seeming as spontaneous as they used to. Imagine each episode of the last 2 new series(es) is a piece of tracing paper and you've marked all the regular gags/variations on a gag they have in episode with like a dot or an X along a 30 min timeline graph - well when you pile all the tracing paper up - all the marks would allign. It's like everything in the show now has it's own exact time slot - like the gags seem almost signposted - and there's just a going through the motions vibe I get from it.

Now you may say the show has always been like that and maybe it has - but perhaps you just didn't notice it back then as much as you can notice it now.

I still love it.

Me too. Funniest show on TV.

I think more than any show on TV this would benefit from an XL version, or at the very least some red button deleted scene type action.

There always is a lot more going on than they can cram into half an hour and usually you can pick out other random bits cut out in the edit if you look closely enough, but yes, since it seems this show never gets a DVD release (SHAME!) it should have its extras front and centre.

If I can press read to see Deborah Meaden waffling on about why she didn't invest again this week, I want to be able to press red to see more of Angelos DJ set or something of that ilk ;)

Quote: codename 47 @ September 23 2011, 12:38 AM BST

since it seems this show never gets a DVD release (SHAME!)

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/shooting_stars/buy/

Earlier series are a perplexing and disappointing ommission at present, admittedly.

Quote: codename 47 @ September 23 2011, 12:38 AM BST

I think more than any show on TV this would benefit from an XL version, or at the very least some red button deleted scene type action.

If I can press read to see Deborah Meaden waffling on about why she didn't invest again this week, I want to be able to press red to see more of Angelos DJ set or something of that ilk ;)

Agree in the most strongest terms!

Quote: zooo @ September 23 2011, 1:26 AM BST

Agree in the most strongest terms!

Definitely.

Watching some old repeats.
Uvavu

Ulrika's quite foxy

Bob Mortimer has just posted on Twitter that Shooting Stars has been cancelled.

https://twitter.com/RealBobMortimer/status/136507164503191552

And people are already talking about Sky picking up the show. It would make a lot of sense, but will they?

Hope so.

Who is making the decisions at the BBC recently? Get rid of TV Centre, move everything up north, cancel Shooting Stars.

Hopefully their next decision will be to pop themselves under a speeding train...

They haven't moved up North as far as I'm concerned. There's still hardly anything BBC wise in the north east.

Why on earth cancel it?!?! It's STILL brilliant and can hardly be all that expensive to make; in fact I heard they took a big cut so they could keep doing it.

It was by far one of the funniest things the BBC put out this year. Shocking decision.

Bunch of toss pieces.

zooo is angry!