DVD Bargains Page 69

Californication (season 3) was £45 - £45! - in HMV a month back. Only £17 now. Bought it along with Mad Men (season 4).

I got The Complete Dad's Army the other day for twenty quid. Pretty good value for 80+ episodes.

See, I've thought about getting that, but Dad's Army has been on BBC Two Saturday nights for about the last 12 years so I figure, why bother?!

Because BBC Two don't play the black and white episodes.
Because BBC Two only play a selection of the colour episodes.
Because BBC Two episodes are liable to delay, cancellation, or skipping.
Because BBC Two don't play the episode you want, when you want to watch it.

Hmm. Fair points...

I've seen all the episodes a million times anyway.

P.S. The movie is available for 10pence on Amazon.

Quote: lofthouse @ July 15 2011, 7:39 PM BST

I've seen all the episodes a million times anyway.

Well most of us have, but if you use that logic as the deciding factor, then you won't watch it on TV either! ;)

This isn't comedy, but I expect could be of interest to some. The complete Sweeney for £14.99.

http://www.sendit.com/dvd/the-sweeney-the-complete-series-1-4-box-set/9945879.html

Quite a lot of comedy amongst other things in the SendIt.com pay day special: http://www.sendit.com/offers/pay-day-specials/dvd.list

Cracker -- Complete £15.99

Bear in mind there is delivery charge on everything, so it's not whole price that's advertised.

I was lucky to get the complete Cracker from Woolies years back for 15 quid. My only complaint is that the stories aren't broken down into their original episodes and are left in unwieldly 170 odd minute chunks.

Are they? My Cracker (£25, btw) is sat on the shelf like all those other DVDs I will never watch as long as I have to waste 40 hours a week sat at a desk...

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ July 27 2011, 12:43 PM BST

Are they? My Cracker (£25, btw) is sat on the shelf like all those other DVDs I will never watch as long as I have to waste 40 hours a week sat at a desk...

Dan

You miss the fundamental premise Dan.

You are a man.

Men collect things and have them in the right order on the shelf.

You don't have to actually watch them !

:)

Good.

<orders more shelves. And extension>

Dan

Goodnight Sweetheart - Complete series 1-6.

Under £14 on Amazon

See Amazon product listing

I was just about to buy the Likely Lads Collection from the Hut at £11.85. But I lost the will to live at their checkout....all these names/passwords etc at so many places (The Hut/Play.com/Zaavi. HMV etc etc etc). I can only ever remember my Amazon name & password, so they invariably get the business from me!!

Quote: Peter Brouhaha @ September 14 2011, 8:41 PM BST

I was just about to buy the Likely Lads Collection from the Hut at £11.85. But I lost the will to live at their checkout....all these names/passwords etc at so many places (The Hut/Play.com/Zaavi. HMV etc etc etc). I can only ever remember my Amazon name & password, so they invariably get the business from me!!

All the better, 'cos with Amazon you can be donating a bit of money to keep this site alive. :)