New comer to stand up comedy Page 2

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 17 2011, 12:26 PM BST

I know several comedians who are ex wrestlers. Seems quite a common shift.

Really? I suppose a lot of Geordies must get into wrestling through gut barging! Judging from Newcastle fans with their tops off anyway.

Wrestling fans (and wrestlers) and football fans seem to have VERY little crossover, so they're hardly the best indicators.

i haven't done it yet but my plan is to tell a story, that way I only really need to remember what story I am telling, I have told them to my mates loads over the years and they actually happened to me. I think this will make it easier to remember than one liners ect. that said.. my mind may go blank. but my back-up plan is a shot gun.. if I 'die' (as they say) then I am taking every mother f**ker in the room with me Angry Smarmy Pirate

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 17 2011, 2:11 PM BST

Wrestling fans (and wrestlers) and football fans seem to have VERY little crossover, so they're hardly the best indicators.

but who do you want on u'r side in a fight? someone who can choke slam people through tables or someone who can kick a ball? this now leads me to think that football would be loads better if they made it a tables and chairs match, make those f**kers earn their money.

best football one liner joke ever..
I would never date footballers but of them all I think david seaman would be a keeper.

ok.. maybe not the best football one liner joke ever Whistling nnocently

Hey Renno, don't worry about it - its a daunting thing to do. But it gets better. It is like anything, the more you do it, the more comfortable you will become. Just keep at it and try to use the nerves in a positve way. Good luck!

Keep on going, well worth pushing through any difficulties with stand-up