QI - Series I

The ninth series of QI, covering the letter "I", will begin on 9th September on BBC Two at 22:00. All the details about the forthcoming series can be found here.

Probably the most interesting thing about this series is that there are a few non-comedians appearing, namely Brian Cox, Ben Goldacre and the world's most advanced robot.

Is that the robot that won Jeopardy?

No it's Nick Clegg.

Actually I think that was a mistake. I think that might have been an April Fool that I forgot to remove in April.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ August 26 2011, 3:05 PM BST

Actually I think that was a mistake. I think that might have been an April Fool that I forgot to remove in April.

:( That would've been cool

Looking forward to see how Henning Wehn and Frank Skinner fit in but I'll just have to grit my teeth again through the Vegas episode.

Quote: AJGO @ August 26 2011, 12:11 PM BST

No it's the Numberwang robot...eeek!

Quote: fasty @ August 26 2011, 6:29 PM BST

Looking forward to see how Henning Wehn and Frank Skinner fit in but I'll just have to grit my teeth again through the Vegas episode.

The only guest on the list better than Vegas is Brian Blessed!

Quote: Ian Wolf @ August 26 2011, 3:05 PM BST

There was a trailer for the series after John Bishop's Britain. There was a shot of the robot in the Brand/Jupitus/Mitchell episode, but by the looks of things it's not on the actual panel, it's just brought on stage at one point.

I know this sounds bad, but sometimes I honestly don't know what Johnny Vegas is saying sometimes. I'm not sure if it's the word salad or the random slurring that annoys me most.

Looking forward to seeing the new additions to the roster; QI is pretty bad about showing the same few people every week.

Quote: cwickham @ August 27 2011, 10:07 PM BST

There was a trailer for the series after John Bishop's Britain. There was a shot of the robot in the Brand/Jupitus/Mitchell episode, but by the looks of things it's not on the actual panel, it's just brought on stage at one point.

Yes, looks right I was right first time around about Asimov.

Quote: AJGO @ August 26 2011, 12:11 PM BST

You're thinking of Watson the supercomputer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watson_%28computer%29

Good opening episode I thought. Lee Mack was the best guest on the night I thought. Favourite moments being the optical illusion involving the Einstein mask, and the contents of Scouting for Boys.

I also liked the end credits, which have acknowledged John Lloyd's recent honour by crediting him: "Commander: John Lloyd CBE".

It felt strange watching an episode of QI that I haven't already seen 17 times on Dave

Was it me or did Alan look ill.

I didn't notice any ill lookingness.