Funny book? Page 7

Definitely worth a read, many funny things to be found...

Armando Iannucci: The Audacity of Hype: Bewilderment, Sleaze and Other Tales of the 21st Century

See Amazon product listing

The newly published "Heads You Lose" by Lisa Lutz and David Hayward is a fun one. A former couple, Lutz (known for her hilarious "Spellman Files" mystery series) and poet Hayward agreed to write a mystery together, alternating chapters. The hook is that they printed their correspondence about the progressing work between the chapters. http://headsyoulose.com/

Sue Townsend - the Adrian Mole Books and The Queen and I - I found them laugh out loud funny...oh and Soho by Keith Waterhouse - brilliant!

Charlie Brooker's book Screen Burn. Not read either of his two follow ups Dawn of the Dumb and the Hell of It but sure they will just as funny.

I nearly bought that today with some HMV vouchers.
I went for a Wii game instead.
I may buy it anyway, it looked pretty good.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ July 9 2011, 10:50 PM BST

I nearly bought that today with some HMV vouchers.
I went for a Wii game instead.
I may buy it anyway, it looked pretty good.

What Screenburn?

Quote: sidecar jon @ August 6 2010, 10:31 PM BST

The best "funny book" is I think 'Catch 22'.

Another vote for 'Catch 22' from me. It's a classic.

Louis de Bernières Latin American Trilogy made me both laugh and cry in public. So very, very good

P.G Wodehouse and G.K Chesterton are without doubt the great comedic writers of the last century or more, as I wrote in the other thread.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/post/796738/

Dickens is actually very funny as well, like Chesterton combining great gregarious love of humanity with real wit. C.N Parkison is a more recent humourist I'd recommend.

Robert Rankin,
George MacDonald Fraser - Flashman series...!!

The 2010 AA United Kingdom Road Atlas of Dogging Sites (with foreword by Thora Hird) does it for me every time

FUNNY BOOKS in my opinion

(not necessarily everything the author did), it's just the BOOKS:

HIGH FIDELITY (book..not movie)-Nick Hornby.

Bonfire of the Vanities -Tom Wolfe
FROM page page 90 onwards..before it's all a build up.

Wolf Of wallstreet -Jordan Belfort (book NOT movie..and not the second book one "Catching the wolf")

Three men on a bender -Patrick Rossi.
FUNNY (aside from the long third CHAPTER..skimm through it..)

YES MAN- Danny Wallace (BOOK..the movie has NOTHNG TO DO WITH IT).

I would recommend Jonathan Lynn's Comedy Rules to absolutely anyone even remotely interested in the craft of comedy.

Quote: Agnes Guano @ 14th April 2014, 10:47 PM BST

I would recommend Jonathan Lynn's Comedy Rules to absolutely anyone even remotely interested in the craft of comedy.

Agreed; absolutely brilliant book.

I agree with the above posters, a brilliant read.

I'd also recommend anything by Chris Brookmyer. Especially for those who like their comedy witha murderous edge.