Trollied - Series 1 Page 9

I'd get rid of the Sky but my kids might never forgive me....there's sweet nothing on it that I like to watch.

I thought this was awful. It just lacked imagination and we are in episode one. What was the storyline? The Assistant Manager has no one to celebrate her birthday with? Wow. Or a guy wants a new shirt? Ooh. Not enough comedy came out of it. Royle Family and Early Doors knew how to mine comedy from every day situations, this didn't.

Sorry, just didn't grab me at all. Found it a bit dull. I had high hopes for it as it had a stella cast for sitcom. So I'm frustrated that my hopes were dashed. ;)

So all in all ... this comedy is worth a body swerve then?

All the best,
Cal :)

No.

It's been said before, but it was largely directionless, and hangs like a sketch show based in a supermarket. I think that I was annoyed that it looks like it's been filmed in the style of an Asda ad too.
The cast are fantastic, and largely do a good job with what they've got, but the way it's been patched together takes the pace out of just about every thread. Some of those threads are reasonably good, but suffer in the mix, and others are hackneyed and awful to watch (like Jane Horrocks envy of the proper assistant manager, and her attempts to convince her that she shouldn't return to work etc).
It's not offensively poor like many sitcoms, just badly put together, which IMO make the whole less than the sum of its parts. I did watch both episodes all the way through, but it took two days to do it, despite having the time and episodes to hand. It could get better, if they manage to make it feel like there is a narrative line running through it, but for now I think it seems like a weak show held up by a good cast.

I'm already finding this much better and very funny this week.!

Jason Watkins was/is in 'The Hour' versatile fellow!

I watched the first two episodes a few days ago and laughed a number of times. I'll watch more if I can get hold of them.

Trollied, waste of time.
Don't expect there will be a second series, just not funny.

Not seen it yet but some of the descriptions sound similar to Green Wing.

I don't think it's like Green Wing in the slightest!

Quote: Aaron @ August 13 2011, 11:52 PM BST

I don't think it's like Green Wing in the slightest!

People say it's like a sketch show set in a Supermarket while GW was a sketch show set in a hospital.

No, it's not like Green Wing.

Third episode wasn't as good as the first two, but still a nice watch. There's some engaging characters.

The writing is good and the acting is good but I just don't really feel for the characters. Jane Horrocks' character is too mad without any explanation, the checkout woman (sorry, can't remember name-last episode sniffed her cleavage 'sweat') is a nasty stereotype, and in the first episode I felt affronted by the immediate 'Tim and Lucy off the office' relationship- especially since we were meant to be put off by the actual girlfriend but the character who we were supposed to have sympathy for had just insulted everyone who buys clothes in supermarkets; probably not a great move considering the amount of people who do and who probably make up the audience.
And I would expect a more scathing account of a hidden world with the tagline 'serves you right', but just highlights to me that it's tried to be dark but retain a cutesy 'Northern' feel.
Very puzzled as to why it seems false, because as I said, in my opinion the writing and acting is good.

The gag about knowing what flavour a sausage is by placing it on his shoulder, is better than pretty much everything ever. Except sausages.