2 Point 4 Children

Does anyone know when the remaining 5 series of the BBC sitcom 2 point 4 children will be released on DVD? Eureka Video started releasing it then they just stopped. Which I think is really unfair because It woz a great show and one of the BBC's most successful so I think it deserves to be released. Does anyone know when the rest of the series are going to be released and who by?

I expect that they will be released eventually. I'll have to do some investigating and get back to you on anything specific though.

THANK GOD there is someone else who likes 2.4 children!!! Rolling eyes

Surely it can't be THAT far off from a DVD release now, it's been 6 years.

I can't think of any other sitcom that ran for as long that isn't out in its entirety.

The longest running UK sitcom of the 1990s deserves much better.

Yes, it's realy disappointing. I think certain sections (both of the DVD-buying-public and of the industry) have forgotten just how dark, subversive and wacky 2point4 Children could be, and have it pinned down as just another average, not overly interesting family-based audience sitcom. So very very wrong.

Wacky? I don't know what you mean!

I never once saw cockroaches in a box of chocolates, a dog hanging from a magnet, fish flapping around in the middle of a road or a vampire living next door.

Wacky indeed!

I just wish Network would get hold of it and "do a 'Birds'"

Network seem to have long lost interest in BBC productions, sadly. A company like Revelation probably offer better chance now.

I like them, they did Goodnight Sweetheart, I bow down to them. Worth emailing them to show an interest?

Always worth trying!

Quote: Aaron @ July 20 2011, 1:18 AM BST

Yes, it's realy disappointing. I think certain sections (both of the DVD-buying-public and of the industry) have forgotten just how dark, subversive and wacky 2point4 Children could be, and have it pinned down as just another average, not overly interesting family-based audience sitcom. So very very wrong.

The Guide to this states that it was an average sitcom.

I feel it needs a rewrite :)

It does, yes. You'll notice it's on our old site and not linked to from this page; anything on the old site is more-or-less defunct, and certainly shouldn't be relied on or taken to be official site view.

Ok I'll forgive the longest running UK sitcom of the 1990s (continuous without a break) being slightly overlooked. :)

Please, please, please.

Whoever is in charge, please release 2.4 Children.

Please!

Quote: Oldrocker @ July 23 2011, 12:52 AM BST

Please, please, please.

Whoever is in charge, please release 2.4 Children.

Please!

Just so I will finally shut up about it? :)

Laughing out loud

It is your mission, your destiny David. Don't give up! :D