Film-maker looking for sketch writers

Hi all,

I'm a film-maker looking to collaborate with comedy writers to develop some inventive sketches.

Description..

Initially for YouTube, but with the aim to develop pieces into a TV pilot and/or a short film. The style we are planning will be highly visual and cinematic. From the outset, there will also be opportunities to write for comedy viral ad campaigns (paid can you believe it..!).

I work in the video production industry already, but making quite dry commercial pieces and documentaries. Looking to move into more creative areas, but I'm not a writer myself.

It is early days for our business, so we are looking to find a small group of highly creative and talented people to grow with us. Your writing can be anything from light and quirky to dark and surreal. I'm Manchester based, but its not vital that you are local.

------

Initially, please get in touch (to email address below) with brief details about yourself and if possible a very short example of any work you have written or had performed.

Many thanks,
Kevin.

kevineleven@live.co.uk

I've sent an email, with a sample of my work, but with posts like this, I always have a nagging suspicion in the back of my mind that it's some 15 year old wannabe with a second-hand camcorder from cash convertors and a YouTube account.

Quote: 404 Not Found @ July 14 2011, 8:31 PM BST

I've sent an email, with a sample of my work, but with posts like this, I always have a nagging suspicion in the back of my mind that it's some 15 year old wannabe with a second-hand camcorder from cash convertors and a YouTube account.

Wow, so even more advanced than most people who ask for sketches on here?
:P

haha.. you cynical people..

Firstly, thanks for all the emails I've had so far. The response has been far greater than I anticipated. However, I'll get back to all of you in the next few days, with both feedback and more information.

And don't fret, I'm not a fifteen year old with a camcorder. Not since 1989 anyway.

Do you need any new stuff?

I'm looking for someone to work on short films for You Tube. I have a couple on there, some of them have ended up on American TV. I'm looking to make lots more.
If you're still keen on getting more made, I can send some stuff your way.

Chris

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4491654/

Quote: kevineleven @ July 13 2011, 12:14 PM GMT

Hi all,

I'm a film-maker looking to collaborate with comedy writers to develop some inventive sketches.

Description..

Initially for YouTube, but with the aim to develop pieces into a TV pilot and/or a short film. The style we are planning will be highly visual and cinematic. From the outset, there will also be opportunities to write for comedy viral ad campaigns (paid can you believe it..!).

I work in the video production industry already, but making quite dry commercial pieces and documentaries. Looking to move into more creative areas, but I'm not a writer myself.

It is early days for our business, so we are looking to find a small group of highly creative and talented people to grow with us. Your writing can be anything from light and quirky to dark and surreal. I'm Manchester based, but its not vital that you are local.

------

Initially, please get in touch (to email address below) with brief details about yourself and if possible a very short example of any work you have written or had performed.

Many thanks,
Kevin.

kevineleven@live.co.uk

It might help to link us to your website or show us where we can see some of your previous work.

I responded to this opportunity last year and was sent a writer's brief for a sketch show pilot called 'Ludwig Van'. I then submitted some material which fit the brief - however I haven't heard anything since.

Quote: groovydude89 @ February 27 2012, 1:48 PM GMT

I responded to this opportunity last year and was sent a writer's brief for a sketch show pilot called 'Ludwig Van'. I then submitted some material which fit the brief - however I haven't heard anything since.

This is the kind of the problem with amateur productions-motivation is lost, or they do other things.