Torchwood... Page 46

Quote: zooo @ July 14 2011, 10:15 PM BST

I loved the exploded body still alive under a bloody sheet. Ace.

That was good, when they snipped his neck bits.

I pulled my t-shirt over my head for that bit.
(But I could still see.) Sick

I thought it a strong start bit messy and the "who's Torchwood bit?" dragged

oh and worst cgi helicopter ever

Again, I didn't notice any CGI!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 14 2011, 10:02 PM BST

We do? Didn't seem to show all that much. Hospital people in camps, some sort of conspiracy, Bill Pullman goes all super Jesus; that was about it, wasn't it?

We know Pullman will become a mesiah, but I bet it'll take 7 or 8 episodes. So for the next six weeks we'll be, "Hurry up and become a mesiah!" Ditto for some other stuff in the trailer.

Quote: zooo @ July 14 2011, 10:19 PM BST

I pulled my t-shirt over my head for that bit.
(But I could still see.) Sick

Holey shirt!

Quote: zooo @ July 14 2011, 10:23 PM BST

Again, I didn't notice any CGI!

Am I becoming a CGI bore?

Ha, no. I just keep having not noticed things.

I fast forwarded through that stupid neverending trailer, so could people refrain from mentioning anything contained within it? Thanks.

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 14 2011, 9:55 PM BST

Was Jack's voice different?

Of course it was, it wasn't long ago that he'd murdered his own grandson.
Allow for some character development for crying out loud Putters.

You could see he's developed by the Cheesey grin he gave Gwen after a couple of other people had just been seriously disfigured & Zombified

Onto my main point though.

Captain Jack!
Charming or Smarmy?

It was a classic case of "style over substance", although the 'style' was almost good enough to stop the whole thing from dragging on and on. Almost...but not quite.

The best bits for me were the moments where displays of originality of the identity of the show were allowed to shine through, rather than the "oh that's a bit like that other hit series." I'd like it to have more faith in its own voice, or at the very least, hide its influences a bit better.

Quote: Nogget @ July 15 2011, 5:17 AM BST

It was a classic case of "style over substance", although the 'style' was almost good enough to stop the whole thing from dragging on and on. Almost...but not quite. The best bits for me were the moments where displays of originality of the identity of the show were allowed to shine through, rather than the "oh that's a bit like that other hit series." I'd like it to have more faith in its own voice, or at the very least, hide its influences a bit better.

It was very sluggish times, and could have done with more plot and pace. Weirdly it reminded me of a slower cheesier FlashForward, especially when the trailer revealed how the series develops.

The show felt a little bit at war with it's self.

The funny low rent Welsh scenes contrasting with the 24 stylee US bits.

Maybe it'll settle down?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 14 2011, 9:58 PM BST

Voice sounded the same to me, he just uses his normal voice for Jack, doesn't he??

I remember seeing him on something, I forget - Who Do You Think You Are or some such perhaps but he had a broad Scottish accent when he was talking to his gran so perhaps, as he lived in America for a long time, his accent gets a bit more American when he's there.

Anyway, I quite enjoyed it last night, the exploded guy was great.

I have always loved Torchwood and the characters.
I even reckon I could turn Capt. Jack given time.
I was so disappointed last night.
Why take a good series and move the plot to America? WHY?