Government Advertising = silly

Hello again

I have worked on a couple of new scripts, these are dark and will send the TV companies running so am not sure whether to add them to the show or not. These are on www.loveofthedark.co.uk/coming_soon.html

Enjoy:

Beware of thieves

EXT: On a street a young man with dark hair and wearing a bright blue tracksuit; is moving his shoulders to the beat of the music from his white iPod.

Background fades to black, the iPod and headphones stay white and the silhouette of the man is bright blue. The silhouette becomes more and more involved on the music, now he is dancing on the street with his arms in the air.

From the left a purple hazed mans silhouette runs across to the young dancer. Extracts a Machete from his coat; chops off the dancers hand and runs off with his iPod with the earphones trailing behind.

The dancer is now on his knees on the floor with his severed hand in front of him.

A loud stamp sound BANG; As a stamp covers the screen with:

DON'T ADVERTISE
TO THIEVES! ! !

Narrator in a deep voice: DON'T ADVERTISE TO THIEVES! ! !

There was a sketch like this on Shoot The Writers in the last series. It was probably the funniest on the show so, yes, I did like it. Just struck me as unoriginal cos of what I've seen before. Sorry.

Dan

No worries Dan, it's good to know, have you tried my iother ones on my www.loveofthedark.co.uk/coming_soon.html page? there are only 3 there altogether including this one. One of them is a bit of a dig at Bush.....

I didn't really get the other ones. Maybe I'll read again when the flu's gone away...

Really enjoyed this. I was sniggering to myself at the end. Very good

I Liked it loads..

I have a very dark sense of humour. Well along with filthy rude and silly.

I can just imagine the dancers face and i am wondering what he will be more upset about. The ipod or the hand.

Cool...

Thanks all, I love it when a plan comes together (Yes I have a cigar in my mouth). I will need to find some time to write some more. See you all soon.... Happy Jon

What did occur to me was the thought of the severed handed dancer being so involved in his music that he is oblivious to what's happened and is now shoulder shrugging in time with the beat. Nevertheless, this was still a very nice and graphic take on the theme.

Government adverts are retarded so they they should be satarised. Have you seen the one about hitting the girl at 30 mph instead of 40 mph. Heres an idea, why not avoid hitting the girl at all.
Great sketch by the way. If you want to extend it then why not have the same bloke have all the bad things which happen, in the government's world, in government adverts occur in a sequence.

^ Ha ha so true AJP, I always think that when that advert comes on..."Hit me at 30 mph and there's an 80% chance I'll live"....to which I say to my brother "Oh thats alright, I'll just hit her a 30mph instead then".

Anyway yeah I like this sketch, short and sweet, it would look cool as well in the blue sillhouette graphics.