Ken Dodd Falls Ill Page 3

Quote: Gavin @ January 2, 2008, 10:50 PM

No one. Not a single person.

Laughing out loud

But she is lovely though.
She is perfect on QI.

count the seconds between when she opens her mouth and she mentions her husband. Usually about 10

I haven't noticed that...

Maybe a habit from the 90s when everyone assumed she was a lesbian.
Like when Jimmy Carr keeps mentioning his girlfriend!

(Not that I'm suggesting people think Jimmy's a lesbian.)

Jimmy Carr is a sick nerds science experiment to analyse comedy.

Quote: zooo @ January 2, 2008, 11:59 PM

I haven't noticed that...

Maybe a habit from the 90s when everyone assumed she was a lesbian.
Like when Jimmy Carr keeps mentioning his girlfriend!

(Not that I'm suggesting people think Jimmy's a lesbian.)

I still think she's a lesbian - I mean really - who in their right mind would want to?

Quote: David Chapman @ January 3, 2008, 12:41 AM

I still think she's a lesbian -

Stop fantasising you Dirty Girty!

Quote: catskillz @ January 2, 2008, 11:23 PM

[quote name="Dale Griffiths" post="78298" date="January 2, 2008, 7:45 PM"]Doesn't he hold the record for more jokes delivered in an hour than anybody else?

I quite like him, I enjoyed the audience with Ken Dodd over Christmas. I think some of his material is great but I am glad that the days of comedians feeling they have to sing songs in their acts are coming to an end.

You mean like Harry Hill and The Mighty Boosh?

I f**ked this last comment up by deleting some of the quote. I just want to point out that only the last line was typed by me. I'm not a massive fan of Ken Dodd's songs either, but I thought I'd just point out that some of today's big stars still sing during their shows.

By the way, while I'm on the subject, did you know that Harry Hill used to regularly sing that 'Amarillo' song, during his live act, way before Peter Kay did it?

Peter Kay stealing a joke? How Dare you! How Dare you!

Quote: catskillz @ January 2, 2008, 11:23 PM

[quote name="Dale Griffiths" post="78298" date="January 2, 2008, 7:45 PM"]Doesn't he hold the record for more jokes delivered in an hour than anybody else?

I quite like him, I enjoyed the audience with Ken Dodd over Christmas. I think some of his material is great but I am glad that the days of comedians feeling they have to sing songs in their acts are coming to an end.

You mean like Harry Hill and The Mighty Boosh?

Well I don't know about Hill but the songs in The Mighty Boosh are ridiculous and I suppose a bit funny all I was saying is that earlier comics do songs in their acts completely straight. Sort of variety actish.

Quote: Dale Griffiths @ January 2, 2008, 7:59 PM

"To mark the release of 'Tim Vine - Live', Tim recently broke the Guinness World Record for telling the most jokes in one hour. Tim's performance smashed the current record holder's score of 362, as he dazzled the audience with an astonishing 499 jokes in 60 minutes!"

Wow that is quite a rate. Can't find who has beaten it though!

Yeah, I read that on the not going out website.

Ken Dood died. Did he? No, Doddie.

Quote: Baumski @ January 3, 2008, 12:04 PM

Ken Dood died. Did he? No, Doddie.

Haha, I bet part of you wishes he'd died, so you could've added his name to your signature thingy.

Could somebody kindly tell me how you add those permanent comments underneath your posts please.

Quote: Dale Griffiths @ January 3, 2008, 7:19 PM

Could somebody kindly tell me how you add those permanent comments underneath your posts please.

Kill someone with a signature... its the only way known to man.