Roughcuts: The Comedy Unit Podcast

The Comedy Unit up in Scotland, of pretty much all Scottish-based comedy the last few years fame including Rab C. Nesbitt and Still Game and more recently the excellent Burnistoun and (I'm told is excellent but haven't seen) Gary: Tank Commander and Limmy's Show, have produced Roughcuts, a podcast sketch show that is released every couple of weeks for six weeks featuring new writing and acting talent.

It's free and it's pretty funny in my opinion, 25 minutes in length so good for your mp3 player/phone for a commute. Or just to listen to in the utter waste of 40 hours a week that is your job.

<self-promotion alert> I have a vested interest as I have a sketch in episode 3 and in another episode yet to be broadcast, which is very nice for me.

It's available here for Apple-haters and probably on iTunes for those non-techies who like to appear techy.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ June 10 2011, 9:20 AM BST

The Comedy Unit up in Scotland, of pretty much all Scottish-based comedy the last few years fame including Rab C. Nesbitt and Still Game and more recently the excellent Burnistoun and (I'm told is excellent but haven't seen) Gary: Tank Commander and Limmy's Show, have produced Roughcuts, a podcast sketch show that is released every couple of weeks for six weeks featuring new writing and acting talent.

It's free and it's pretty funny in my opinion, 25 minutes in length so good for your mp3 player/phone for a commute. Or just to listen to in the utter waste of 40 hours a week that is your job.

<self-promotion alert> I have a vested interest as I have a sketch in episode 3 and in another episode yet to be broadcast, which is very nice for me.

It's available here for Apple-haters and probably on iTunes for those non-techies who like to appear techy.

Dan

I particularly liked the wedding insurance sketch in podcast 1 <self-promotion alert> damn that pesky self-promotion alert...yes, ok, that sketch is mine.

How did two Anglo-Saxons write for them anyway? Fain an interest in sporrans and shortbread?

Kudos for getting stuff in.
Writers' alert, they say they're taking the next round of submissions in August!

Quote: Tim Azure @ June 11 2011, 7:49 AM BST

How did two Anglo-Saxons write for them anyway? Fain an interest in sporrans and shortbread?

They just seem to be genuinely interested in promoting new writers. I do have 2 Scottish grandparents though...

And my Dad was born in Perth, in this bizarre world where I qualify to play international football for England, Scotland, Ukraine and Poland. In fact, the only thing stopping me was actually my ability...

Dan

Another sketch in this for me. Go on, you know you want to listen: http://comedyunit.podbean.com/2011/07/07/rough-cuts-the-comedy-unit-podcast-episode-5-mp3-version/

('Surgical Abandonments' is mine)

Dan