Ken Dodd Falls Ill Page 2

I hated him when I was little.
But only cos of his face, like. Poor bastard.

I saw him on an old Blankety Blank the other day, and he was all right though. Quite liked him.

I flipping *love* Blankety Blank.

Haha, yeah, I watched the beginning of that. The Arena documentary on before it was thrilling stuff though!

Ah, I didn't bother with that!

I could literally watch old Blankety Blank episodes all day. Terry or Les Dawson, either one is comedy gold.

Quote: Aaron @ January 1, 2008, 5:01 PM

Yeah, me too. I was hoping I might be able to go and see one of his shows this year.

Make sure you take about a week off work - he does a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng gig!

he certainly gives value for money, his shows go on for hours and hours to the point were people miss trains and stuff.

Yeah, I went to one of his shows a couple of years back, but it really should have been cancelled. Big theatre, middle of the week, small crowd. No atmosphere at all, so the whole thing was embarrassing for all involved. Material was great. Spot on. But there just wasn't the atmosphere or audience feedback for it to work properly. :(

Ended up having to leave during one of the really rather odd variety acts.

I might go and see one of his shows this year.

Doesn't he hold the record for more jokes delivered in an hour than anybody else?

I quite like him, I enjoyed the audience with Ken Dodd over Christmas. I think some of his material is great but I am glad that the days of comedians feeling they have to sing songs in their acts are coming to an end.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

Quote: Dale Griffiths @ January 2, 2008, 7:45 PM

Doesn't he hold the record for more jokes delivered in an hour than anybody else?

I quite like him, I enjoyed the audience with Ken Dodd over Christmas. I think some of his material is great but I am glad that the days of comedians feeling they have to sing songs in their acts are coming to an end.

I wish him a speedy recovery.

Tim Vine held the record, but now someone else has it. It's not Dodd I don't think.

"To mark the release of 'Tim Vine - Live', Tim recently broke the Guinness World Record for telling the most jokes in one hour. Tim's performance smashed the current record holder's score of 362, as he dazzled the audience with an astonishing 499 jokes in 60 minutes!"

Wow that is quite a rate. Can't find who has beaten it though!

Quote: Charley @ January 1, 2008, 3:03 PM

Laughing out loud

I hate Ken Dodd's comedy. He is the most disgusting looking little man I have ever seen. Whenever he appears on TV I shudder. As soon as he opens his mouth I puke.
I can not believe that there are people out there that pay to see his shows.
Get well soon though Doddy. I never wish ill on anyone. Even though you are one OGLY little man.

If a bloke had made a similarly superficially dismissive comment about a female comedian, e.g. Jo brand, he would no doubt have been getting some stick from the females on here right about now. Anyway, Ken Dodd is one of the Top 5 stand ups this country has ever produced. He was waaaay ahead of his time, back in the day, and his influence can still be seen today in surreal comics like Harry Hill and The Mighty Boosh.

Good point! Very good point!

Quote: catskillz @ January 2, 2008, 8:23 PM

If a bloke had made a similarly superficially dismissive comment about a female comedian, e.g. Jo brand, he would no doubt have been getting some stick from the females on here right about now. Anyway, Ken Dodd is one of the Top 5 stand ups this country has ever produced. He was waaaay ahead of his time, back in the day, and his influence can still be seen today in surreal comics like Harry Hill and The Mighty Boosh.

Who here thinks that Jo Brand is the most sexy woman on the planet?

No one. Not a single person.

[quote name="Dale Griffiths" post="78298" date="January 2, 2008, 7:45 PM"]Doesn't he hold the record for more jokes delivered in an hour than anybody else?

You mean like Harry Hill and The Mighty Boosh?