Tricky 2011

I try hard to follow British Comedy. I know I will never be able to keep up with all the shows, or track down all the best shows here in the US, but this year has been especially tough. All of the newer comedies I liked or had high hopes for didn't seem to air in 2011. Has anyone else had this problem? Shows like The IT Crowd, The Old Guys, Getting On, Grandma's House, Rev, even Doc Martin nothing in 2011. Then other shows that I had hopes for like The Great Outdoors, Whites, were cancelled. Anything great from 2011 so far that's a must see? New or Old-I'm not that picky, thanks

The Great Outdoors - apart from being terribly unfunny, despite an amazing cast - struck me as a single-series programme anyway.

As for great 2011 shows ... nope. They've stopped making them.

If you're into audio comedy, there's a new series about to start of the fabulous Cabin Pressure, and BBC Three's White Van Man was quite good. There've also been a few interesting factual programmes and biopics, and I rather enjoyed Fast & Loose - plus Friday Night Dinner, whilst deeply flawed, wasn't wholly bad.

But the year's not up yet, and some of the most interesting looking shows (IMO) are still to come...

Thanks for the reply and the recommendations, I have never heard of either of those shows before, I'll have to check them out. You're right- the year is only half over so hopefully there will be some great new episodes or shows ahead. I kinda liked "The Great Outdoors", I think I liked how against type some of the actors were playing from other roles I had seen them in. The only new thing I have really seen from this year was "Comic's Choice", which I enjoyed. Thanks

Yes, Grandma's House and Whites were really good shows. Didn't know we'd seen the last of them. Bugger!

Grandma's House is currently filming a second series. Whites won't be returning.