Peter Kay. Thoughts?

A genius in his time. Any more?

Phoenix Nights and That Peter Kay Thing were both great shows.

I haven't watched my Phoenix Nights and That Peter Kay Thing DVDs in years. He did a great stand-up show. But I don't get excited by him anymore. God, I sound like such an internet nob.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 28 2011, 5:06 PM BST

Phoenix Nights and That Peter Kay Thing were both great shows.

This.

Since he was replaced as lead vocalist of Jamiroquai, his career has really gone down hill...

There are already plenty of threads illustrating our thoughts on Peter Kay.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/search/?q=Peter+Kay

May I just say I have never thought about him. Even in those non-existent thoughts, never has the word 'funny' or anything with a similar definition been any where near. Then again I suppose I never given him much of a chance, and I probably never will.

Quote: Bill Jaguar @ June 28 2011, 7:37 PM BST

May I just say I have never thought about him. Even in those non-existent thoughts, never has the word 'funny' or anything with a similar definition been any where near. Then again I suppose I never given him much of a chance, and I probably never will.

*folds arms at life*

Peter Kay is normally the kind of comedian I avoid like the plague. I prefer people that are a bit edgier. Most of his TV stuff is pretty mediocre IMO.

However, his two stand up shows are my favourite stand-up routines of all time, by any comedian.

Now, this may be down to the fact that as a fellow Boltonian I have a huge amount in common with Peter (he grew up where my Gran and Grandad used to live) so I relate to a lot of his observations about his life.

Anyone that's never bothered to check him out for whatever reason is seriously missing out IMO.

That said, he wants castrating for the obscenity that is MAX AND PADDY.

Pish!

Isn't Bolton the home of the tubular bandage? Or is that Oldham?

Wait, his TV stuff is a bit mediocre but you LIKE his stand up? Is it opposite day?

I like him. Has some very funny stuff and good for Christmas presents because it's not rude so can watch with family in the room.

Quote: Leevil @ June 28 2011, 7:55 PM BST

*folds arms at life*

My life does not need arms folding at it thank you. :D

Quote: Marc P @ June 28 2011, 11:39 PM BST

Isn't Bolton the home of the tubular bandage? Or is that Oldham?

'Tubular bandage'? Isn't that a Mike Oldfield album?

How do I resize this... it's a tad big, sorry :(