Morecambe & Wise Page 4

Quote: garyd @ May 29 2008, 10:09 PM BST

That's rubbish!

Oh deary, deary me! Laughing out loud

Quote: Aaron @ May 29 2008, 10:12 PM BST

Oh deary, deary me! Laughing out loud

Sorry, couldn't resist it, Eric Morcambe and all that.

Ah, Mr Morcambe, one of the few to make me cry laughing. Yes, the good do die young.

Quote: Jack Massey @ May 29 2008, 9:57 PM BST

In Mark Lewisohn's guide to TV Comedy, it says former Dustman Eddie Braben. Whether that means Dustbinman I don't know.

Ah right, well, I dunno! Lewisohn's not entirely accurate, but it sounds quite possible from that.

Quote: garyd @ May 29 2008, 10:15 PM BST

Sorry, couldn't resist it, Eric Morcambe and all that.

Ah, Mr Morcambe, one of the few to make me cry laughing. Yes, the good do die young.

Morecambe! Morecambe Morecambe Morecambe! >_<

With the 'e'!

Quote: Aaron @ May 29 2008, 10:23 PM BST

Ah right, well, I dunno! Lewisohn's not entirely accurate, but it sounds quite possible from that.

Morecambe! Morecambe Morecambe Morecambe! >_<

With the 'e'!

:O I'm so angry with myself!

Apologies for getting something so elemental wrong. :$

Morecambe and Wise were in an episode of The Sweeney this evening on ITV 4.

Morecambe and Wise will be on The Sweeney on ITV 4 some time during 2013. :)

Quote: Aaron @ May 28 2007, 8:14 AM BST

I

Random TRUFAX!: I get my hair cut by the same lady as Ernie's widow, Doreen.

Brilliant!!!

Double acts though... British TV ... YES!

Film... loved the French one ENORMOUSLY

Other films... Bob Hope Bing Crosby

BUT BEST - TRIPLE ACTS THE MARX BROTHERS

I know this thread is old - but Ive surprised myself by realising I have never sat and watched a full Morecambe & Wise show. I somehow missed the many repeats when growing up but have seen the odd documentary, and recently the bio drama on TV (which was great) and just tonight watched one on GOLD, and I have come to really love what I have seen. Even apart from the humour they seemed such sweet men, so have got the 'Best of' coming from eBay any day now. Am really looking forward to this...better late than never eh?

Bring me sunshine . . .

Since getting the DVD a few weeks ago I've come to like them so much I have them as my screensaver...top that ;)

iPad screensaver. Does that top it?

Morecambe & Wise are fantastic, the REAL M&W, I've haven't been able to see much but what I have seen is brill stuff. Mitchell and Webb can't hold an umbrella to them. Don't mind DM so much but I hate RW, he is a boring twat. I think it is because he's on those stupid BBC Three 'Stupidest Movie Mistakes' shows. Seen a couple of eps of Peep Show and That M+W Look and they were very dull shows in their respective fields, I felt. Enough of that though, Morecambe and Wise and Two Ronnies were/are/probably will be top if you ask me.

Quote: Aaron @ June 25 2011, 9:43 PM BST

iPad screensaver. Does that top it?

Does your screensaver have them smiling cheekily in cosy jumpers and flat caps? Top that. ;)

Nope, got them dancing. Much better!

I remember when everyone couldn't wait for Morecambe & Wise's new screensaver each year, we'd all sit around on Christmas Day & download it together after the Queen's speech. Appy days