The Lollipop men

The below has been inspired by 2 Lollipop men I see every morning. I laugh at them every day. I'm not sure that written down it's as funny as whats in my head.

The Lollipop Men

Scene: There are 2 Lollipop Men stand across from each other on opposite sides of a not very busy road.

2 Lollipop men are stood on opposite sides of the road staring at each other. After a while a child turns into the street and starts walking towards them. The Lollipop men look at the girl, then back at each other. The girl gradually gets closer, the looks start getting quicker, the eyes of the Lollipop Men start to narrow, their grips tighten on their sticks, as the girl reaches the 2 men they sprint into the middle of the road and start hitting each other with their sticks. They end up rolling around in a heap on the floor.

As they are fighting the girl skips past them without giving them a second glance.

Or an alternative ending:

Scene: There are 2 Lollipop Men stand across from each other on opposite sides of a not very busy road.

2 Lollipop men are stood on opposite sides of the road staring at each other. After a while a child turns into the street and starts walking towards them. The Lollipop men look at the girl, then back at each other. The girl gradually gets closer, the looks start getting quicker, the eyes of the Lollipop Men start to narrow, their grips tighten on their sticks, as the girl reaches the 2 men one of the men spins round and hits the girl in the face with his stick, knocking her unconscious to the ground. The men return to staring at each other.

Hi GJ

Second one is funnier as it's less telegraphed as to what's going to happen.
Good though. Think you got the 'non-verbal' script done well enough too.

Dan

No 2.

Squash the girls face with the lollipop.
I like the thought of evil murdering, people hating lollipop men. You know where people will avoid crossing with them where normaly they go out of their way to use them.
Cars could go on pavements to avoid them too.

Oooooh i like...... Nasty, evil lollipop persons.

MORE PLS

Number 2 for me too.

Is it funny on it's own, or is it just funny because it was set up by the other one? Like, your expecting more of the same, but then he twats a little girl in the face.

probably a bit of both. But number one is more "Goodies" in a good way whereas number two is more sudden and ambiguous - accident or did he do it so as to get back to the eyeballing?

I suppose it's like the little girl was getting in the way. The rivallary between the two guys has got that intense, that they've forgotten the reason why they're there.

Funny on its own Ginger Jesus.
Lollipop men are supposed to help little girls across the road, not pan their faces in. It's hysterical.

Number two definately very funny good stuff prehaps there could be a whole host of them with different kids dunno just think Lollipop men are funny

Difference of opinion here: definitely number 1 for me. I just don't think number 2 works as well - it would make me think "what the hell was that all about?" whereas number 1 just plays nicely on the idea of competitive lollipop men trying to help a girl. I think number 1 is more recognisable and funnier.
But good work. It's on my list for the sketch show.

Cheers folks.