Peter Kay Sitcom Not Happening

The Peter Kay and Craig Cash-written sitcom about bin men, provisonally entited "Sunshine", has been shelved.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/programming/a82250/new-peter-kay-series-shelved-after-rows.html

Why can't they just do it without Kay? I'm sure that'd infinitely improve the show.

Quote: Aaron @ December 29, 2007, 10:45 PM

Why can't they just do it without Kay? I'm sure that'd infinitely improve the show.

Totally agree, Cash is a brilliant comedy writer and with or without Peter Kay I'm sure it would be a decent if not great show. Kay really is a money-grabbing machine isn't he.

Yey! How dare they pull it. Rotten Bastards!

So with something like this would they get paid for producing it?

There must be a loads of things pilotted which never get broadcast.

If Kay's not writing it then just re-cast.

Early Doors was ace.

Television producers are idiots. If Kay drops out they are immediately convinced that no one will watch it. Which isn't really far from the truth. I'm sure most people here realise Kay is a talentless leech of a comedian, but the general public love the guy.

ITV are idiots. They have a potentially good show written by two great writers and they can it because a very average actor pulls out.

I agree the general public like Peter Kay, but not so much that a sitcom would flop without him.

Can't they just replace him with that kid from the Vauxhall Zafira adverts?

Or Dairylea.

Some comics, like Ben Elton, write well crafted socio-political material, but to me, as a stand-up, he is not a funny person.

Tommy Cooper , on the other hand, could make everything on this site,
hilarious.

You cannot just decide to be a 'money machine' otherwise we'd all do it. The fact that an individual doesn't make us laugh, says as much about us as it does about them.

Ben Elton is very funny.

Not in the way he hopes though.

Quote: jake how @ January 2, 2008, 1:07 PM

Ben Elton is very funny.

He's not. He's really quite dull and uninspired.

And he's a twat in person.

I'm dissapointed that this isn't happening. From what I read, it sounded like it was going to be good.