Shameless - Series 5 Page 2

I wish they hadn’t stretched it out to 16 episodes give me quality over quantity any day, it’s why I tend not to enjoy US TV.

I 'll reply after the 8th episode !!

reply may be even sooner..looks like the start date is now new years day !

Yup, as MikeW says - the new series is scheduled to start on the 1st January (but it'll be on MySpace before then if you're really keen).

For full details on what is to come over the next 16 weeks see our Christmas TV Guide

click here for the trailer (Windows Media Player)

There's also a sneak preview on YouTube: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jBPkRa65x1w

Quote: Martin Holmes @ October 19, 2007, 12:40 PM

First two series were excellent, third was okay and I thought it had dropped a lot in quality in series four. Lots of the best original characters have left now and it doesn't feel the same.

DITTO! on this one.

Two of my favourite English progs in 2006/7 have to be Saxondale & Shameless.

I agree that too many of the original cast have gone. Series 1 and 2 were amazing, though.

I quite like the Maguires, i think they add a lot to the show. However, i don't like Monica and Norma, i think they take away a lot of the show. And i miss Sheila. Regardless of this, i am looking forward to series five tomorrow.

I bloody hate this show.

It's not remotely realistic and certainly isn't funny. It's just caricatures fighting and swearing. I've never managed to sit through more than about 5 minutes.

Badly written and dull and in no way the brilliant TV it's billed as.

I've never watched more than 5 minutes either.

Which means my opinion doesn't count at all!

Still hate it though.

Quote: zooo @ January 1, 2008, 10:00 PM

Which means my opinion doesn't count at all!

Out of all the BSG members who need to realise that, I wouldn't have said that you were one.

This is my favourite series of all time. I can't get enough of Paul Abbott's stuff.
I was a little disappointed with last weeks ep though, but the clips shown of tonights ep look funny/good

I love the way they just disposed of Lip by making it normal for him to chose uni over his wife and child. Especially as they spent a lot of last series showing how he'd do anything to be with her.

I didn't really like the 'fat wife' episode, but maybe they've set their standards too high as its one of my favourite shows.

Also it seems like the camper van lesbo and Debbie don't really have a lot to do. I think there are too many 'main' characters now.

SHAMELESS is AWESOMEEEEEEEEE

AWOOOOGA!!!!!!!

I liked the first few series. I think Kev and Veronica really made it for me. Saw the last one and didn't like it. That whole knocking shop thing didn't wash very well. How would they just let her off if her card machine didn't work. Surely any Police would ask "hang on what if they've paid cash?". It would probably fly in a sitcom, but not a comedy drama.

And how many times are they going to try and trick us about Frank being dead? Didn't beleive it for one second. Because no Frank, no Kev, no Veronica. The only really solid adult characters are the Macguires and then we'll just have the Manchester Soprano's. As a son of Greater Manchester however feel the characters are quite realistic.

I Love it,love it, LuuuuuRVE IT.