Horrible Histories, SIGNH and Little Howard

All back for new series :D

Rejoice Cool

Did this get moved? I'm sure I posted it in general (on account of one of the shows not being a sketch show)

Having watched both Horrible Histories and Sorry, I've Got No Head, I can confidently say that out of the two, I prefer the later.

I am a huge fan of Horrible Histories. Not so much of SIGNH. I loved Horrible Histories as a kid, so it was no wonder I love the show now.

It's ages since I watched any, but I think I probably prefer Sorry, I've Got No Head as well. I loved the Horrible Histories books, but as a bit of a history nut, the series fails to satisfy my thirst for knowledge, and is equally not-funny just too often to satisfy my comedy needs. Hey-ho.

Hi All. Wave Blinkin' love Horrible Histories - best show on telly. Cool

The plot of today's LHBQ involved the head of the BBC: Otterback (played by Daniel Hill of Waiting for God fame) cancelling Little Howard's favourite TV show "Flannel Alan".

During the course of the episode our 2 dimensional hero, with his hapless sidekick/father figure Big Howard in tow, attempts to persuade Otterback to reinstate Flannel Alan. During one particular sequence at Otterback's gym Little Howard is mistaken for Top Gear's Richard Hammond (easy mistake to make) and inadvertently get TG cancelled. Later he breaks into Otterback's house to try to find something to blackmail him into changing his mind... Only to be caught in Otterback's living room (where Otterback is watching TV and reading magazines) after he causes a display of ceramic plates to fall and smash. At which point LH freezes into cardboard cutout mode and is thrown in the trash by Otterback, who thinks he's a life size cut out of Richard Hammond: thus deepening his hatred of the diminutive motoring journalist.

Having failed to find anything with which to blackmail Otterback Little Howard, BIg Howard and Mother embark on a campaign to persuade him to change his mind using the power of the media (basically they doctor some magazines (with comically amateurish results) and have Mother pump a fake newscast directly to his TV). This and the promise of Flannel Alan novelty plates (a fake ad) persuades Otterback to rescind his previous decision and Flannel Alan is brought back as a glossy high budget Saturday night adventure show (sound familiar? :P ). This displeases Little Howard who misses the home-spun look of the original series (sound familiar II :P ). And also because his own show is cancelled to pay for the new Flannel Alan.

I won't say anymore.

I think Little Howard is much funnier than the other two. They should find a vehicle for him on Saturday nights.

They're all good. It's funny that Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton are in the new series of Horrible Histories.

And Mark Gatiss!

Can't abide either Howard. But HH is brilliant. Attempting to help Riley Minor do her homework on Greeks and Spartans was made a lot easier because we'd both seen the HH episode on the topic.

Just been revealed that Sorry, I've Got No Head has been axed.

No way Angry

Sad news, for today's kids I think it will be remembered as fondly and as devotedly as Rentaghost is by old gits like me.

Doubtless it will be repalced by something more exciting starring Dick and Dom.