Star Stories

From the makers of Peep Show, starts on Friday for 6 weeks. Wickedly funny trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5lwHhJQFcM

Official blurb is:

A new six-part comedy series from the makers of Peep Show that forces open the doors of the closely guarded world of celebrity. The lives and loves of Hollywood actors and international pop stars will be comically reconstructed. Now there's a chance to see what may have happened at those talked about weddings, launches, back-stage parties and family feuds.
The cast will include Matt King, Kevin Bishop, Daisy Beaumont, Olly Maltman, Laura Patch, Alice Lowe and Harry Peacock.
Star Stories will raise laughs and ruffle feathers in equal measure. Celebrities beware!

Hmmm, I'm not sure about this one. Whilst it certainly looks interesting, I'm not sure that the celebrity thing hasn't been done-to-death a bit already? Oh well, we shall see later on tonight.

It doesn't look very good from the trailer - the usual Posh and Becks gags that were amusing around five years ago when Alistair MacGowan did them but not anymore.

This was kind of funny, here and there really.

I never bothered with it. The trailer put me off. It looked rubbish. :(

Watched it and thought it was awful.

the trailer did not do it justice at all, have a look at the next trailer it does look much better.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmQwTS0MzRc

It was funny -not all the time but I places and random. I liked it

I watched the George Micheal episode last Friday, and I found it disappointing.

i cant figure out who from the 'peep show' team is involved... doesnt seem the writers, director or producer are. same production company? bit tenuous if you ask me. looks reasonable as a show, but its nothing like you would expect it on the basis of the 'peep show' as a selling point...

Whoever the actor is who played George Michael is fairly talented IMHO based on watching him take on these varied roles in Star Stories. He seems pretty versatile. Last thing I remember seeing him in before this was one of the early series of "My Family" where he played Stupid Brian (Janey's dumb boyfriend). Oh and that C4 sketch show "Spoons" too actually.

UPDATE: I stopped being lazy and just looked him up. Kevin Bishop is his name. A fair few bit parts by the looks of it. Remember him in Peep Show now too.

Also, for anyone interested, Channel 4 sent the following YouTube link to us. It's the trailer for episode three: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt8XoOa2f64

Quote: logboy @ September 27, 2006, 5:04 PM

i cant figure out who from the 'peep show' team is involved... doesnt seem the writers, director or producer are. same production company? bit tenuous if you ask me. looks reasonable as a show, but its nothing like you would expect it on the basis of the 'peep show' as a selling point...

I think it is just the production company.

I think I read it was from the makers of the peep show so that would be Objective productions?

I actually quite liked the George Michael one.
Although I only watched it by accident, the trailers for it make it look terrible.