Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 2 Page 11

Quote: Pedro40 @ May 20 2011, 4:31 PM BST

Also, does anyone know the name of the piano piece played over the credits at the end of this week's episode?

I tell you what... though I don't know the answer I was thinking the same. Great music for the piece. Anyone?

what is the title of the series one episode about rappers

There's less repetition this series, isn't there? At least, there's less stringing out of the same sentence over and over again?

The Adrian Chiles/Mock The Week/ Russell Howard/Charity episode last week was brilliant stuff.

He was on Jon Ronson last night.

Genius.

Lovely. I'd have walked out.

That guy walking out during the song was the best bit of the recording. I was laughing so much, especially the 'I couldn't keep that up -- not at that pace...' line.

I did think all the walking out bits would be cut and I'm so glad he left them all in. Most excellent again, and the way he had 'lesser' material, just because he had a guitar is sublime, though won't in any way convert new fans :D

Dan

I've come to the conclusion that this program can be hilarious, but only if you're in the mood. The first two episodes made me laugh like crazy, but the second two have just left me angry and upset.

That was my favourite episode yet. Loved Stew's reactions to the people walking out. :D

Were the walkouts genuine, I got the feeling from watching it on the iPlayer that it was the same man and that the whole thing was set up?

Love his observation of the ironic comic who can double his audience with Sun and Guardian readers at the same time, but the guilt get so much he has to do a BBC4 documentary for penance.

Give a white wine to the lady for that one.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ May 26 2011, 1:25 PM BST

Were the walkouts genuine, I got the feeling from watching it on the iPlayer that it was the same man and that the whole thing was set up?

I don't know if it was the same man, but I'd be very surprised if it was not a set-up.

Now that's some coincidence. I searched the net to find someone talking about the episode wholly because I wanted to know if I was a genius for wondering if the walkouts were a set up.

They have to be. It all worked just too well. The walk outs added edge and purpose and built much of what was going on.

Besides, if they weren't set up, if Stew was responding stream of consciousness (don't know the right terminology), then how bloomin' nerve wracking would that be?

Quote: Padre @ May 26 2011, 3:39 PM BST

They have to be.

People do actually walk out sometimes, for whatever reason; IBS or whatever. So it's conceivable that the walkouts were genuine. Does it make a difference?

Ironically, in that very act, Lee dealt with the way the audience reacts more positively if a gag appears to be 'off the cuff', and here we are wondering if the walkouts were scripted or not.