NewsRevue again! Page 75

:P

Angelic

:S

Enough with the faces already Rolling eyes Im bored of them now.

I can't see my super injunction song staying in the top 40 Newsrevue charts anymore. I don't think there's such a thing as a super injunction now is there?.

Just got to think of another song topic..

If songs (or sketches) go down well, NR sometimes use them for the rest of the run, even if the relevant news stories are beginning to fall out of the public consciousness.

For example, the Royal Wedding was weeks ago, yet they're still using my This Royal Wedding's Bloody Boring song, so it must be liked.

I think this weekend gone was Weeek 5, so therefore the final Weeek 6 must be this coming Thursday - Sunday.
The running orders are a week behind.

Thanks for this SB. Yeah they gave me good feedback on it so they may use it another week you never know. I get a bit confused with the weekly show but Ive written a Dominque Strauss song coz Im frankly bored of super injunctions and Pippa Middleton. Its hard to judge what's funny after a while as I get an idea or ideas and after a few hours working on them they never seem that funny anymore urghhhhhhhh.

I wrote an Imogen Thomas song at the start of April. I've resubmitted that to
them tonight ( again not sure if I should do that). To my
mind it links ok and certainly more topical now than
before. NR may just think not this crap again doesn't she get it no one here thinks it's funny! Hahaha

To dispell your confusion...

During any one run, they tend to keep most of the songs and sketches in it for the 6 weeks. They only change a few bits and pieces here and there to keep the show ultra-topical.

The best time to send stuff into the show is when the run changes. That's when they're laying the foundations of what will be the main attraction material for the duration of the run.

Emma, you should contact NR and request to be put on the writers list.
That way, you'll receive weekly material requests and info on when the runs change.

As this run is coming to an end, don't send your new song until the weekend or early next week so that it lands in the new run pile.

Best not to make a habit of resubbing material, but yes, an Imogen song is more likely to be used now, especially if you now tie it to that... erm... footballer who can't be named. :P

Thanks for this info. I wasn't on the writers list but Iam of this month I got the material request and as it was a new email contact for the start of the new run I thought Ohh I'd better send the Imogen song to this guy as the other one has probably deleted it as it wasn't used but now I know they probably have a hand over will only send once. Thanks

It was nice to see my name for News Revue with 'v/o Prick'. Maybe I could use that as an introduction.

Atleast you got your name on the running order! But I guess not in the way you wanted. Oops

I havnt seen a running order yet for NR.

Mikey are you on the case?

Just writing a Chris Huhne song..taking hours as per usual so thought I would logg on here but everyone else is offline as they obviously have a life hahaha.

Don't think they're quite organised yet. But a running order is usually emailed out friday. If I get one before Mikey (which is unlikely) I'll post it.

Do you ever submit sketches, Emma? They're a lot quicker to knock up and I've found with NR that it's best to send in a LOT.

Hiya, yes I have written a couple of sketches but you need a definate punch line with those and it has to be funny so I often struggle to come up with a one liner that is funny enough alot of the time. When I do the song writing I find it easier to come up with funny comments or sentences that tie in so Im concerntrating on the songs at the moment. My main problem is that after working on something for a while I tend not to find any of it that funny anymore which is why I like to start writing a song and finish it and send it because I don't like having to work on it again as the next day I will want to start all over again and I would never submit anything. The things that have been used are the ones Ive had the idea and just sent, the longer I spend on things the less funny they seem to become..urghhhhhhhh.

I haven't received any running orders since the last one I posted.
They said in a recent email that they're running behind a bit.