Parks and Recreation Page 3

One thing that is annoying me (and it happens in The Office too), is that it is documentary style, but they really do seem to forget that.

I mean, Ben and Leslie don't want Chris to find out about their relationship, but they are happy to talk to the cameras about it? I know that you have to have a suspension of disbelief on these things, but that's taking it a little too far.

Quote: miss jaffacake @ May 22 2011, 9:26 PM BST

I mean, Ben and Leslie don't want Chris to find out about their relationship, but they are happy to talk to the cameras about it? I know that you have to have a suspension of disbelief on these things, but that's taking it a little too far.

As long as the show isn't being aired in real-time I don't think it's a concern. Michael Scott just left The Office and he instructed the camera crew to let him know "if this thing ever airs" and that's after many years of filming.

Series 3 has been outstanding so far. The gulf in quality between this and the latest episodes of The Office has been immense.

Right, seen as you good folk are giving it glowing reviews I'm going to dive in.

Is there any point in watching Season One? or is it essential for getting to know the characters?

Well, I love the show, but I think I may only have watched the first one or two from series 1; so it's not essential. But then I do want to go back and watch that series now.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ October 20 2011, 11:37 AM BST

Right, seen as you good folk are giving it glowing reviews I'm going to dive in.

Is there any point in watching Season One? or is it essential for getting to know the characters?

Do without it, most of the character's personalities are retooled for season two anyway.

Thanks for the heads up.

Watched the first three episodes of season two last night.

I like it a lot. There's plenty of laughs and the characters seem to be very well formed.

Louis CK is a massive bonus too.

I love this show!! I watched the first two series in about a week and have loved the third one. The first series is definitely worth going back for a watch. Has anyone heard if it's coming to the UK?

I agree that the 'documentary' premise is forgotten about most of the time but it doesn't annoy me. It gives the writers an excuse to have the characters do the Martin Freeman/Jim Krasinski 'camera reaction' which in the first couple of seasons is ususally Mark, then after he leaves it's Ben. It also means loads of talking head scenes which are incredibly fun to write (never tried it? Seriously, try it as a writing exercise as it's great!) and are also a good chance to get plot details across to the audience without having to have characters talking to each other in really obvious exposition terms.

More people should be watching this, Amy Poehler is great in it.

I think the show could use more Aziz, but that's just me. His Raaaaaaaandy character from "Funny People" sparked arguably my favourite series of online videos ever on http://www.laughyourdickoff.com/

Judging from season 2, 3 and what we've seen of season 4 so far, this show is the best sitcom on television at the moment.

Gotta agree with Sam, this is as good as The Office was between seasons 2 - 4. Loads of awesome characters you want to spend time with as well as a perfect blend of great jokes and heart. My favourite show, at least until March 15th when Community returns.

One of the few shows that I still watch every week. I love everyone involved, especially Rob Lowe.