Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 2 Page 10

:D
I can't believe how many famous people he looks like.

This show is weird. Cos I find myself being very bored whilst watching.....

but its still funny

So I can't switch it off.

Even though im bored.

Anyway, Russell Howard? four million pounds a year??

sweet Jesus

that must be bollocks surely?

So what's the point of the sketches? Are they 'meat to be funny'? I realise that people ask that about his stand-up too, so I might simply be missing the point.

Quote: lofthouse @ May 19 2011, 12:51 PM BST

Anyway, Russell Howard? four million pounds a year??

One of the top selling comedy DVDs, an arena tour and his own show on BBC3, £4Million for all that is probably about right.

Quote: Nogget @ May 19 2011, 1:38 PM BST

So what's the point of the sketches? Are they 'meat to be funny'? I realise that people ask that about his stand-up too, so I might simply be missing the point.

Haven't they mainly acted as a little visual round up of some of the things he's been talking about this series, as opposed to proper sketches?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 19 2011, 4:11 PM BST

Haven't they mainly acted as a little visual round up of some of the things he's been talking about this series, as opposed to proper sketches?

Sure, but why do that? Why do that summary, if not to achieve laughs?

Quote: Nogget @ May 19 2011, 4:49 PM BST

Sure, but why do that? Why do that summary, if not to achieve laughs?

Why not? It's a nice visual topper. (I have to say, I have actually laughed at them; such as when Stew went past the dead horse he'd joked about in his set)

I like the sketches. I'm glad there's only one per episode though as the majority of the sketches from the last series were a bit poor compared to the standup.

I missed last night's episode as I kept falling asleep throughout it. I woke up at the very end and wasn't sure if the sketch I was seeing was a dream of reality. Will have to watch on iPlayer tonight.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 19 2011, 4:57 PM BST

(I have to say, I have actually laughed at them; such as when Stew went past the dead horse he'd joked about in his set)

Yes, it was a nice touch I suppose. What about the most recent one though? Maybe there's something I'm missing, was the reference to the Madness of King George significant?

Watched it on iPlayer and giggled all the way through. I'm starting to warm to Mr Lee, he seems to dislike Adrian Childs more than I do.

Maybe I was in the wrong mood, but I thought the funniest thing about the latest episode was Armando swearing.

I miss Stew driving along in his little clown car at the top of the show.

You know? the little car? Yes, the little car. Remember he used to come on at the start in his little car? Yellow it was. Yellow and blue. Yellow and blue with a pink flower on the front of it. The show would start and he'd be driving his little yellow and blue car with the pink flower on the front. Remember?

Quote: lofthouse @ May 19 2011, 8:15 PM BST

You know? the little car? Yes, the little car. Remember he used to come on at the start in his little car? Yellow it was. Yellow and blue. Yellow and blue with a pink flower on the front of it. The show would start and he'd be driving his little yellow and blue car with the pink flower on the front. Remember?

Is that one of those parodies they have now? You know, the parodies they have, yeah?

lmao :)

I thought this was the funniest episode so far (and they've all been pretty great).

Also, does anyone know the name of the piano piece played over the credits at the end of this week's episode?