Attack The Block

I saw Joe Cornish on Film 2011 talking about his directorial debut with Attack the Block. It's about a gang of London teenagers defending their block from an alien invasion. Looks very funny, can't wait for the release!

Can't wait for this. Trailer looks great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD0gm7dHKKc

Chavs V Aliens. Let's hope the aliens win!

be funnier if it was a race of invading bruce forsythe lookalikes invading the chavs. Or maybe not :)

Come on. They're not really chavs though, are they?

No, they're the 'youff'.

of course they are, they are dripping with chavyifying chavness.

This was really good. Lived up to expectations. Nice to see some new faces, including mouthy Paige from DREAM SCHOOL. Nick Frost's character/role was just right, not too much, nor too little of him. Some nice scene transitions and changes of mood. Generally lean and mean - no fat. But also lots of room to breathe, and for the characters/actors to riff. Team (especially Joe Cornish) should be proud of this. Loved the uncompromising slang, and the risk they're taking over international box office by "keepin' it real".

I enjoyed the friction between Mark Kermode and Jo Cornish on 5 Live last week after a podcast in which Kermode said it was pretty good, but not really funny or scary enough.

It certainly didn't have the amount of laughs as Shaun of the Dead which it's nearest comparison is. However, I think it had the right amount of action and laughs. Not much of a fear factor though. That's for sure.

This looks a lot of fun. From the clips it has a bit of the spirit of the Ealing classic Hue and Cry or Children's Film Foundation with marauding young gangs repelling the baddies.

Quote: George Kaplan @ May 18 2011, 8:45 PM BST

This was really good. Lived up to expectations. Nice to see some new faces, including mouthy Paige from DREAM SCHOOL. Nick Frost's character/role was just right, not too much, nor too little of him. Some nice scene transitions and changes of mood. Generally lean and mean - no fat. But also lots of room to breathe, and for the characters/actors to riff. Team (especially Joe Cornish) should be proud of this. Loved the uncompromising slang, and the risk they're taking over international box office by "keepin' it real".

Well there was some fat-Nick Frost :)

Quote: peter gazzard @ May 25 2011, 11:17 PM BST

Well there was some fat-Nick Frost :)

True, dat!

Laughing out loud

I really really enjoyed this. Thought the kids were fantastic, brilliant actors.

I've seen a lot of very average reviews from the critics, but everyone I know who's been to see it loves it.