Rape jokes Page 21

Quote: JoLaw @ May 18 2011, 10:39 PM BST

I'm not offended, don't worry.

Yeah, I think it would have been more traumatic at the time. But the long term effects on your everyday relationships wouldn't be as damaging.

My best friend is a man, but 10 years ago that would have been inconceivable.

You can dehumanise a stranger, but when it's somebody that you wouldn't have predicted, it makes you doubt your own judgement.

That said, he was an arsehole which I knew, I was going through the arbitory 'bad boy' phase. I just didn't think he was THAT much of an arsehole.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience, there's certainly plenty of horrible guys out there, just as there's plenty of horrble women. Not all guys are like that though by any means, which I guess you know if your best friend's a man. It sounds like you've got pretty good instincts though, if you knew he was an arsehole beforehand, I think it's understandable you didn't realise how big an arsehole under the circumstances.

I remember hearing about an old woman who was raped, and she'd seen on CSI or something a woman scratching the attackers face, which left his DNA under her finger nails, which the old woman did to help secure a conviction. Putting up as much of a fight as possible would certainly help to get a conviction, if you reported straight away etc, though it'd maybe make things worse in some ways.

If you don't mind me asking, what would you have wanted to see happen to that guy?

Quote: zooo @ May 18 2011, 11:02 PM BST

It proves, yet again, that Japan is mental. :)

That's true, I remember seeing a picture of a big sign in Japan that said 'Anal F**k'... Though then again, you don't know what the sign was for, it might not have been as random as it seems, though I like the idea they had no idea how rude it is.

Quote: JoLaw @ May 18 2011, 10:42 PM BST

The more I think about it, the less I agree with the article. It never hurts to think about things though.

I have come round to broadly agreeing with the article; this must be one of the few occasions on BCG when a debate has actually caused people to rethink their positions. Now if we can just get Matt and Godot to see eye to eye on Dr Who...

Quote: JoLaw @ May 18 2011, 10:42 PM BST

And I still hate Russell Howard.

That at least is uncontroversial.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 18 2011, 11:01 PM BST

A few years later, a friend of mine brought me a book back from Tokyo, a phrasebook for Japanese women wanting to date western men.

Along with helpful phrases such as "I don't want to do the anal please", it also contained useful advice such as "Don't say 'no' if you want to have sex. Western men will believe you really mean 'no'."

Not relevant but my dad had an ancient French phrasebook that had the line, "You have announced my death in your newspaper". That's so bizarre I'm wondering whether I imagined it or not but as far as I can recall it's true.

For the record it's, "Vous avez annoncé ma mort dans votre journal" :)

Quote: Vader @ May 18 2011, 11:33 PM BST

If you don't mind me asking, what would you have wanted to see happen to that guy?

Nothing. Bad stuff happening to him wouldn't have helped me at all.

I think I would have felt better if he'd been found guilty, because you do blame yourself under those circumstances. Even now, I know logically it wasn't my fault, but I still feel guilty/ashamed about the whole thing. Maybe an official ruling of 'he was a bastard' would have helped? But then him being found innocent, which undoubtedly would have happened would have made things worse.

Victims shouldn't have a say in sentencing. Justice (although our justice system is more about revenge than protection of society) is supposed to be impartial.

Quote: Tuumble @ May 18 2011, 11:47 PM BST

Not relevant but my dad had an ancient French phrasebook that had the line, "You have announced my death in your newspaper". That's so bizarre I'm wondering whether I imagined it or not but as far as I can recall it's true.

Better write that down in case I need it. You never know...

Quote: JoLaw @ May 18 2011, 11:52 PM BST

I think I would have felt better if he'd been found guilty, because you do blame yourself under those circumstances. Even now, I know logically it wasn't my fault, but I still feel guilty/ashamed about the whole thing. Maybe an official ruling of 'he was a bastard' would have helped? But then him being found innocent, which undoubtedly would have happened would have made things worse.

Victims shouldn't have a say in sentencing. Justice (although our justice system is more about revenge than protection of society) is supposed to be impartial.

My official ruling is that he was a bastard, you won't get a more official ruling than that on whether or not he was a bastard. I'm 2nd in command of the Galactic Empire after all.

I certainly don't see why you should blame yourself though, I mean taking responsibility for any small part you might have played, if any, is one thing, but I don't see how you could blame yourself?

Quote: JoLaw @ May 18 2011, 10:39 PM BST

That said, he was an arsehole which I knew, I was going through the arbitory 'bad boy' phase. I just didn't think he was THAT much of an arsehole.

I suspect that is the limit of the victim's responsibility in most date rape cases. Hope you have been able to put it behind you.

Was that supposed to be a joke of the dooblay type, Timbo? Trouble with this forum site is that I now look at every other line as a dooblay.

Quote: Vader @ May 18 2011, 11:37 PM BST

I remember seeing a picture of a big sign in Japan that said 'Anal F**k'...

Quote: Tuumble @ May 18 2011, 11:47 PM BST

Can I recommend English as she is Spoke?

There's a link to it on that page. Very funny.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 19 2011, 9:56 AM BST

Was that supposed to be a joke of the dooblay type, Timbo?

Seeing as that would be unbelievably inappropriate, I doubt it.

Quote: DaButt @ May 18 2011, 7:52 PM BST

Looks like the IMF rapist might have got more than he bargained for:

Quote: DaButt @ May 18 2011, 8:34 PM BST

I'm cool with shooting all rapists.

I like your presumption of guilt here, DaButt. That good ol' American attitude to justice - never let due process, the principle of 'innocent until proven guilty' or (God forbid!) the formalities of a trial get in the way of righteous proclamation, vengeance and (I'll choose the Martin Sheen voice) "justice"! :D

Quote: Tim Walker @ May 19 2011, 2:47 PM BST

...(I'll choose the Martin Sheen voice)...

:D

Quote: Tim Walker @ May 19 2011, 2:47 PM BST

I like your presumption of guilt here, DaButt. That good ol' American attitude to justice - never let due process, the principle of 'innocent until proven guilty' or (God forbid!) the formalities of a trial get in the way of righteous proclamation, vengeance and (I'll choose the Martin Sheen voice) "justice"! :D

I'll throw in an "alleged" if it will keep your stereotyping at bay; just because the man has a lengthy history of sexual assaults we shouldn't rush to judgment. Look at poor old OJ Simpson: thank God the facts that he led the police on a vehicle chase and bloody footprints made by expensive shoes identical to his own were found at the murder scene weren't enough to keep his team of expensive lawyers from helping yet another millionaire stay out of jail.

Quote: DaButt @ May 19 2011, 5:54 PM BST

the man has a lengthy history of sexual assaults

I'm aware he's had numerous affairs, and now there are 2 allegations against him; what is his history of sexual assaults?

Any newcomers to this site will think there is 22 pages of rape jokes on this forum.

Yes. Im sure if they were actual rape jokes we'd be up to around 80 pages or so by now.

Here's one

Why is rape so rare?

Because women with their skirts over their heads run faster than men with their pants around their ankles.