Rape jokes Page 19

Quote: Vader @ May 18 2011, 9:06 PM BST

Double post.

eh?

Quote: KLRiley @ May 18 2011, 9:11 PM BST

A conviction rate of 38% and that is of those cases that actually get to court. Most don't.

I thought it was 6%?

Look if I invited you round my house, we both got drunk and then had a fight. Neither of us can clearly recall what happened.

I'd have a hard time convincing the police you'd assaulted me.

Quote: sootyj @ May 18 2011, 9:11 PM BST

eh?

I meant double penetration, I mean, er, I posted the same post twice, though someone posted inbetween them.

Quote: sootyj @ May 18 2011, 9:13 PM BST

eh?

I thought it was 6%?

Look if I invited you round my house, we both got drunk and then had a fight. Neither of us can clearly recall what happened.

I'd have a hard time convincing the police you'd assaulted me.

6% is what is pursued after the complaint has been made. 38% is of the 6%. Its about 850 victims.

Not sure about your approach to hospitality soots. :D

That's both true Sooty, and a highly probable outcome if someone got drunk with you. :D

I haven't read this thread, is it 18 pages of rape jokes? And they sneered at my sick jokes thread...

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 18 2011, 9:16 PM BST

I haven't read this thread, is it 18 pages of rape jokes? Any they sneered at my sick jokes thread...

Have to disappoint you there Nil. Some of it is me being a bleeding heart illiberal string the buggers up type. I'll go now.

It's because you lack class Nils.

But ok, what did Mrs Vomit say to Mrs Puke at the spew school gates?

They throw up so young.

Quote: Vader @ May 18 2011, 9:16 PM BST

That's both true Sooty, and a highly probable outcome if someone got drunk with you. :D

You liked it, at least you said you did....

Quote: KLRiley @ May 18 2011, 9:19 PM BST

Have to disappoint you there Nil. Some of it is me being a bleeding heart illiberal string the buggers up type. I'll go now.

Astonished maybe, not disappointed.

I confess to being roguishly provocative on that occasion Zoo, titter. It must be the full moon. I do like to laugh at rabid feminininsts on occasion, but I don't find rape a laughing matter, if truth be known. I may agree with the grading principle, but not grading down, to save money, which essentially this proposal by Clarke is being seen as.

Of course women were going to jump on him for this. He'll have to rethink it. It sends totally the wrong message to society to propose a scheme whereby some rightfully convicted (date)rapist gets let out of jail in a few months, because he knew her, or thought she led him on. This must scare the hell out of women, in truth.

The real trouble remains in making the conviction, which is extrememly difficult, as we know. And so to propose lighter sentences for some levels of a convicted rape, does seem like a slap in the face for rape law campaigners, who already think it's very unfair.

There's only so many people you can lock up.

So it's a money issue, tough.

The ridiculous lack of custodial sentences for violent crimes and burglary is a real issue.

I suspect that for date rape the risk of conviction is more a deterrent than the length of sentence. If I found myself convicted of rape I am not sure I would not rather be in prison than dealing with the ensuing ruin of my life on the outside.

Tough sentencing is more effective as a deterrent in the case of career criminals, who undertake some form of risk benefit analysis before perpetrating the crime.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 18 2011, 9:30 PM BST

It sends totally the wrong message to society to propose a scheme whereby some rightfully convicted (date)rapist gets let out of jail in a few months, because he knew her, or thought she led him on. This must scare the hell out of women, in truth.

In my opinion, being raped by someone you know is more damaging.

My boyfriend when I was 17 decided to have sex with me, even when I'd told him I didn't want to, and said no. A lot. The only reason I was at his house was because we'd been to a party, the hosts had a row and it was awkward. I didn't have money for a taxi and he told me it wasn't safe for me to walk home alone at night. I appreciate the irony.

It's easy to avoid walking down alleyways, it's a hell of a lot harder to learn to trust people again.

He's not part of any statistics, I wouldn't have been able to prove that I didn't consent. I would have had to face the accusations of leading him on.

I'm not alone, I know a lot of women who've experienced similar. Not one of us reported it.

To trust somebody, and then have that happen, is something you just don't ever get over. It's not less serious.

Quote: Vader @ May 18 2011, 9:07 PM BST

I'm not sure the approach to rape jokes is misogynistic at all, I think that's more the perception of rape in general. Like that Jim Jefferies joke about 9 out of 10 people enjoy gang rape, from what I've heard there's no mention of whether the 'victim' is male or female, yet people assume they're female and make out it's a misogynistic joke.

Good luck on the witness stand Vader.

That's sad and horrible Joe.

The said thing is shows how blunt and inflexible the law is. And sex offenders of all descriptions, have always been coniving and grooming.

I don't know what to say. Other than there's an awful lot of guys who'd never consider something so cowardly and nasty.

Quote: Timbo @ May 18 2011, 9:55 PM BST

I suspect that for date rape the risk of conviction is more a deterrent than the length of sentence. If I found myself convicted of rape I am not sure I would not rather be in prison than dealing with the ensuing ruin of my life on the outside. Tough sentencing is more effective as a deterrent in the case of career criminals, who undertake some form of risk benefit analysis before perpetrating the crime. .

Most criminals think they're going to get away with it. They don't think they'll get caught. Partly that's a reflection on the criminal justice system, a partly a reflection on human nature.