Rape jokes Page 11

Hmm, David, I wouldn't expect a Laughing out loud from Jo for that one. Gerry might give you one though.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ May 16 2011, 10:44 AM BST

Hmm, David, I wouldn't expect a Laughing out loud from Jo for that one. Gerry might give you one though.

I wasn't expecting a laugh, I was just relaying an anecdote.

Teary

Quote: sootyj @ May 16 2011, 10:42 AM BST

Because comparing someone with a life long deabilitating condition with someone who got a mucky phone call is a little silly.

Is that what I did? Sorry it wasn't in what I typed must be that psychic paper again :) Did you read what I said about there being degrees of the crime???

And of course Pottock the rapist in Borrat.

Rape is a part of life.

And life is just a bunch of things that happen.

Quote: sootyj @ May 16 2011, 10:47 AM BST

Rape is a part of life.

And life is just a bunch of things that happen.

Thank you Mister Wittgenstein.

Quote: Marc P @ May 16 2011, 10:47 AM BST

Is that what I did? Sorry it wasn't in what I typed must be that psychic paper again :) Did you read what I said about there being degrees of the crime???

Is that what you studied to become a crime writer?

No but you said 1 in 4 women have been victims of a sexual assault.

Of which being the recipient of a mucky phone call is indeed an example.

Yes I studied Psychic paper. How may are phone calls then?

The Joan Rivers joke is funny, stuff like that is fine, it's a general humour joke.

The Russell Howard one I have to admit to finding quite amusing too, but being a personal humour joke, some will not like it, and not think it's fair to do. Funny thing is I can't picture him doing it but only Frankie Boyle.

Quote: Marc P @ May 16 2011, 10:52 AM BST

Yes I studied Psychic paper. How may are phone calls then?

I meant degrees of crime, it was pun...thought you liked them.

Quote: sootyj @ May 16 2011, 10:59 AM BST

I meant degrees of crime, it was pun...thought you liked them.

:O Sorry :D

Quote: sootyj @ May 16 2011, 10:37 AM BST

What exactly is the definition of a sexual assault?

Any unwanted sexual contact, including:

I would have thought obscene phonecalls are harassment rather than sexual assault.

I'm surprised the French, Spanish and Italians even bother having rape laws, they're all at over there aren't they.

Is it okay to say this, by the way? Now I'm suddenly not so sure. And it was motivated far more by xenophobia, if it helps.