The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 231

I enjoyed Mario Balotelli saying live on ITV1: 'Can I say 'shit'?

He's such an arse but great entertainment value...usually for the wrong reasons.

Quote: PhQnix @ May 14 2011, 4:49 PM BST

Definitely relegated. At least we'll win more than seven games in the Championship... hopefully.

So you lot will be getting to play your Cockney cousins Millwall, at least twice next season. I bet the authorities are over-the-moon about that! Wasn't a fan killed the last time you played each other?

Are Leeds still in that division as well?

I have no idea which club causes most violence but going on pure reputation I shall have a go at Leeds

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 14 2011, 8:29 PM BST

I shall have a go at Leeds

Isn't that a bit risky?

Quote: catskillz @ May 14 2011, 8:25 PM BST

So you lot will be getting to play your Cockney cousins Millwall, at least twice next season. I bet the authorities are over-the-moon about that! Wasn't a fan killed the last time you played each other?

Just a bit of argy bargy and a pitch invasion. Don't think anyone has died for a long time...

West Ham will be relegated if Birmingham get 1 point tomorrow at home to Fulham!

Please God!

Quote: PhQnix @ May 14 2011, 8:58 PM BST

Just a bit of argy bargy and a pitch invasion. Don't think anyone has died for a long time...

I remember a story about a Millwall fan in his 40s, who had his kids with him, getting stabbed in the chest.

Quote: catskillz @ May 14 2011, 10:35 PM BST

I remember a story about a Millwall fan in his 40s, who had his kids with him, getting stabbed in the chest.

Did some Googling, doesn't seem like he died or that he was with his kids. Someone was stabbed though, yeah.

Quote: TopBanana @ May 14 2011, 9:04 PM BST

West Ham will be relegated if Birmingham get 1 point tomorrow at home to Fulham!

Please God!

Just scrolled back to find out why you hate West Ham and I must say it demonstrates the skewed nature of football perspectives. I swear we never get ANY coverage and yet you think we get loads.

Seriously though, we did win you that World Cup. ;)

I like West Ham
They were the first ever team I saw play along with Swansea, and they now happen to be my local team.

West Ham were great to watch, years ago, when they had Lampard, Ferdinand, Wanchope and Di Canio, etc. I also used to like that Scouse midfielder they had, back in the early '90s, Ian Bishop. Oh, and of course, I'll always have a soft spot for Tony "T.C." Cottee. Everton bought him from West Ham, back in '87, for what was then a British record fee. We were Champions at the time, and he actually chose to play for us over Arsenal, who also wanted to buy him. We all thought he was gonna be great, after he scored a hat-trick on his debut against Newcastle, but, even though he stayed with us for about 8 years, he was never more than average for us. I used to have a poster of him on my bedroom wall.

Quote: PhQnix @ May 14 2011, 11:07 PM BST

Just scrolled back to find out why you hate West Ham and I must say it demonstrates the skewed nature of football perspectives. I swear we never get ANY coverage and yet you think we get loads.

I disagree- the amount of West Ham supporting journos on 'Fleet Street' is disproportionate to other clubs. 'Scotty' Parker would not have won the Writers Player of the Year if he'd played for any other club OR if there were less West Ham supporting journos eligible to vote.

Should like to see Blackpool stay up. But can't see it.

I'm not so sure, BF. Man Utd will play the kids/reserves so Blackpool have a much better chance.......but probably only around a 10% chance.

Still, they've been a credit to the league.

Grant sacked.

Yeah.......a bit too late.

Quote: TopBanana @ May 15 2011, 3:20 PM BST

I disagree- the amount of West Ham supporting journos on 'Fleet Street' is disproportionate to other clubs. 'Scotty' Parker would not have won the Writers Player of the Year if he'd played for any other club OR if there were less West Ham supporting journos eligible to vote.

Does help that he has easily been one of the best players in the league for three seasons running though.