Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 2 Page 8

Could I? Excellent!

Quote: Ian Wolf @ May 12 2011, 1:13 PM BST

For those who did not see the red button feature, it was not Andrew O'Neill as I previously mentioned, it was Paul Sinha.

For those who haven't seen my very funny mate Paul live before, I urge to you to check out his gig listings - either at www.paulsinha.com or at "the other place" Paul Sinha Gig Listings - and try to get to see the man Jim Davidson glowingly reviewed as "some Indian poof". :)

And here is Paul's blog on the experience... http://sinhaha.wordpress.com/2011/05/12/inside-stewart-lees-vehicle/

I enjoyed the second episode more than the first. The sketch at the end of the first one didn't work for me but the whole of yesterday's one did.

I'm a massive Stewart Lee fan. The thought behind his routine in not only content but delivery is unparalleled for me.

He seems to be so comfortable with the show too. I'm glad it's back.

The first episode was a master class in how to do a great standup routine masquerading as a very funny bit of comedy.

Seriously fellow wannabe standups watch and pay attention.

I think I finally got how to write a decent call back.

Just caught-up with episode 2. For me, this worked much better than episode 1. A lot of strong, relatively snappy material up front, which made the extended self-reverential stuff towards the end more justifiable. The interview clips with Armando also worked much better this week.

Loved the reverse used in the "C word"/c**t line. :)

Stewart Lee is unique. His book is also recommended to anyone wanting to dabble in stand up or comedy in general really.

Really, really enjoying this so far.

Even the ponderous, self-referential stuff is working.

I think this is the only show that's made me laugh out loud so frequently since The Inbetweeners finished.

Knackers, I nodded off and missed ep. 2

Does anyone know if theres a repeat showing?

I don't think he's very funny. I didn't laugh once during the last episode.

Repeating words over and over again while shuffling around a stage isn't hard, neither is taking pot shots at other more successful comedians.

It's like watching Morrissey having a breakdown, only without the laughs.

This may have already been said, but I found it strange that Lee spent so long criticising people who move to the countryside, from London, for the sake of their kids, when he earlier admitted that the city is filled with knife-carrying chavs.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ May 13 2011, 9:49 PM BST

I don't think he's very funny. I didn't laugh once during the last episode.

Are you going to watch it again?

Quote: Tim Walker @ May 13 2011, 11:00 AM BST

Loved the reverse used in the "C word"/c**t line. :)

That was indeed brilliant. I guffawed.

Quote: lofthouse @ May 13 2011, 6:23 PM BST

Knackers, I nodded off and missed ep. 2

Does anyone know if theres a repeat showing?

IPlayer?

Quote: Ben @ May 14 2011, 12:23 AM BST

Are you going to watch it again?

Probably not, I gave the last series a go and felt it was funny in parts but that was mainly due to the sketches.

His style grates on me, I don't think he's as clever as he thinks he is.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ May 14 2011, 3:25 AM BST

I don't think he's as clever as he thinks he is.

Is any of us as clever as we think we are?