Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 2 Page 7

I saw him performing in a tent at a cricket club. Comedy, not rock.

Dan

I found the first section entertaining and funny; the japanese animation section turned me right off and I went back to my knitting..

..but..

Respect in the (my) house for the fact that he is trying to push the envelope and experiment.

Quote: lofthouse @ May 6 2011, 7:03 PM BST

If I met an alien the last thing on my mind would be icey-t and scoopy dog dog and all them fellas..

My inbox has been burning since this comment went viral in cyberspace. A small selection of posts:

"Sir..

The US rap scene is dead, and I'm not happy about it..

P-Doff "

"Sir..

I prefer the music of Elton John.

Puff Diddy

"Sir..

I preferred the music of Liberace.

Puff Daddy

"Sir..

I am a US stand-up trying to break into UK comedy. Do you know Dire O'Bream's agent?

P-Doddy

Quote: swerytd @ May 11 2011, 9:19 AM BST

I saw him performing in a tent at a cricket club.

That's nothing.. I saw Jo Brand performing in a cubicle in, ummm.. with ummmm..

Oh dear.. I'd better not tell that one..

Stewart did a good interview about the show on the Richard Bacon show on Radio 5 this afternoon. You can probably download a podcast of it at the BBC website.

Just watched in in the company of my son, I really liked it and he liked the shot gun bit(even pointing out what sort of shot gun it was!)....please tell me that's not his bike though!

I don't think so. Nor do I think he wears a pearly king outfit ordinarily.

Really good, as usual, though no-one wants to hear me bang on about him like I usually do. Shame really, it'd be nice to get on one of his emails...

The otters bit was probably specially written for all those who hate the... pauses... and self-indulgence.

Here's the Five Live interview. It's pretty much the first hour, so no need to skip through: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0110gjx

Dan

I enjoyed last night's episode, it seems this whole series is two fingers up to the people who don't like his style of comedy.

Don't often hear the word 'c**t' on BBC2.

Quote: Millsy @ May 12 2011, 12:35 PM BST

I enjoyed last night's episode, it seems this whole series is two fingers up to the people who don't like his style of comedy.

Don't often hear the word 'c**t' on BBC2.

That 'c**t' line cracked me up, along with 'Paddy McGuinness and his joke'. :)

The second half was pretty much a pile of shite though.

Stewart Lee was disturbingly believable as the psychotic assassin.

"Can you get us some coke, Stu"

For those who did not see the red button feature, it was not Andrew O'Neill as I previously mentioned, it was Paul Sinha.

Enjoyed the show last night, in particular the Frankie Boyle gag. It's a shame I've heard most of that material before, but the countryside stuff is one of my favourite routines of his.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ May 12 2011, 1:13 PM BST

For those who did not see the red button feature, it was not Andrew O'Neill as I previously mentioned, it was Paul Sinha.

I didn't see him performing in a tent at a cricket club. Comedy, nor rock.

Dan

Very funny stuff again last night. It seems unreal that this show is actually on.

I've heard him do the otter stuff before, so don't think it was written for this.

It wasnt- I think it was on the Milder Comedian DVD.

I had to give up watching this due to a shite TV reception, iPlayer's not working for me either, I might have to wait for the DVD at this rate...

Quote: Vader @ May 12 2011, 2:59 PM BST

I had to give up watching this due to a shite TV reception, iPlayer's not working for me either, I might have to wait for the DVD at this rate...

You could always download it from the iPlayer.