Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 2 Page 6

Hear Hear
(But quietly)

You two are in big trouble!

Strangely fancy him? I must like his slow deliberate considered performance?... ;)

Quote: Ian Wolf @ May 5 2011, 11:40 AM BST

I liked the new episode, but that is because I like crisps. All sorts of crisps... plain... all sorts of crisps.

But not soy sauce?

I must admit by the end I was getting a bit bored.

I do like the way he rambles on about nonsense things..like the rappers? you know the rappers? they hang out in the shopping centres don't they. The rappers. You know the rappers? etc etc etc

but I think he took that a bit too far the other night

got a bit tiresome

I enjoyed that sketch, I mean how do you describe rappers to an alien? :(

If I met an alien the last thing on my mind would be icey-t and scoopy dog dog and all them fellas..

sorry Father Ted flash back!

happens a lot

:) Think you agree though? Sometimes in the pub we start a conversation and it goes bizarre , last night it was melons- for half an hour!!

Hence can understand his humour so much

I watched Stewart Lee on iPlayer, last night. I can't understand the need for a late slot. I found Lee to be very good at what he does. I think his material certainly matches his style. However, I'm not sure how much credit a newer comic would get, doing the same stuff, without a reputation to fall back on. Still, very clever and well crafted stuff.

Quote: Park Bench @ May 7 2011, 7:24 AM BST

I'm not sure how much credit a newer comic would get, doing the same stuff, without a reputation to fall back on.

I think that's slightly missing the point; he has developed his own style, and now uses that context to generate humour. It's not his reputation which he relies on, it's his style which he capitalises on.

Quote: Park Bench @ May 7 2011, 7:24 AM BST

I watched Stewart Lee on iPlayer, last night. I can't understand the need for a late slot. I found Lee to be very good at what he does. I think his material certainly matches his style. However, I'm not sure how much credit a newer comic would get, doing the same stuff, without a reputation to fall back on. Still, very clever and well crafted stuff.

Well the thing is, he does have that history. I would be very surprised if he did the same routine as a new, unknown comedian because as you say, it probably wouldn't work.

BBC 4 10pm would give more viewers.

The reviews online (written by 'ordinary' folk) have been very positive.

Just watched this, really enjoyed it!

Most excellent!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/stewart_lee_comedy_vehicle/videos/2509/social_stew/

Dan

For those interested, the comedian on the red button tonight is Andrew O'Neill.

Fro those who haven't heard of him (which I take it will be most people) he is an occultist transvestite and the frontman of a steampunk rock band called "The Men Who Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing".