The World of...

Just a flying visit to share the link of a producer friend of mine who's putting together a sketch show pilot:

http://t.co/HnRKdA5

I know from my time here, long time ago, there's a lot of talent on these boards so she'll be getting some good entries.

Wave

What kind of humour do they want? Do they want satirical, or surreal, or what?

That deadline is tighter than a cats arse.

He he now to download all the old crap I've had rejected from every other open talent contest.

I'm the flytip of crap wit.

Quote: Trabs @ April 19 2011, 2:49 PM BST

That deadline is tighter than a cats arse.

"I used to bull's-eye womp rats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than two meters."

How tenuous can the connection with acting be? The world of... Sport, Tomorrow, even Toast sound much easier to write for...

Has anyone heard back about this? It says on the website that successful writers will be contacted by today... I got the impression they'd be contacting everyone though and heard nothing...

I haven't heard back either--I think they're only contacting the successful applicants. Damn it.

Cheers for all the entries, I've heard there were some outstanding ones and some that were very good, but just couldn't be filmed in the space they have.

There's a shortlist of 4, and people should hear in the next few days as they're running a little late.

Not all will make it to the pilot, depending on how they look when filmed. Good luck and thanks again for sending some great stuff from this forum.

Feels like waiting for Newsjack to not reply all over again :|

Oh yeh I was OBL's gag writer, that gigs gone.

Well, heard back and didn't get anywhere, they said they'd be happy to see more sketches, I presume they said this to all the people whose sketches weren't used though.

How did everyone else get on?

When and where will they announce when they need more sketches? And on what topics?

Quote: Vader @ May 5 2011, 1:36 PM BST

Well, heard back and didn't get anywhere, they said they'd be happy to see more sketches, I presume they said this to all the people whose sketches weren't used though.

How did everyone else get on?

At least they got back to you - bloody rejector's pet!

Quote: Bomsh @ May 5 2011, 3:09 PM BST

At least they got back to you - bloody rejector's pet!

To Bomsh. Will this become the world equivalent of to Blenk?