Skit Comp 10.4 - 17.4.11

Grate range so congratulations to SEAN KNIGHT for winning! Get rat-anussed and PM me for next week's topic please.
Hence:
Votes - Points - Name

3 - 10 - Sean Knight
1 - 5 - Angiebaby, Shirl the Whirl, Kasm, Ishy, Nil Putter, Scar Bum (welcome!), Steve Sunshine

Your new subject: ADVENTURE (Chosen by Mr Sunshine)
Rules:
One entry/vote per person. Anyone can enter regardless of colour, sex or inside leg measurement, except the kid who used to steal my dinner money.
Can be a sketch, joke, lyric or anything else as long as it's original and vaguely linked to the topic. Please try and only post your entry/vote and no other posts.
You can edit your entry as much as you want, up until the closing time.

Competition Closes: 17.4.11

Overall Leader Board is now:

Points - Name

192! - Mr Sunshine
154 - Otterfox
145 - Kasm
143 - Cool Mikado
141 - Michael Monkhouse
132 - Nigel Kelly
112 - Jebsly
108 - Frankie Rage
104 - Timbo
103 - Charley Rance
98 - Fred Peters
87 - Angiebaby
66 - Jude
65 - Baumski
63 - Ishy
61 - Gerry McDonnell
56 - Alex Mahon, Scratchyr
37 - Afinkawan
35 - Don P. Musey
32 - James, Swerytd, Paul Watson
28 - Leevil
26 - Bushbaby, David Chapman
25 - Craig H
23 - Roscoff
22 - Blobster
21 - Mikey J
20 - Nil Putters, Stephen Goodlad, James Harris, Kevin Murphy, Dannyjb1, Niteowl, Lazzard
18 - Tom
17 - Ellie
16 - Reg N, Eggie
15 - Cinnamon, Dale
14 - Stephen Birch
13 - Badge
12 - Geoff Mutton, Will Cam
11 - Shirl the Whirl, Steven
10 - Sean Night, Robo, Nitram Skir, Socrates, Tom Campbell, Tommy Power, Waring
09 - ajp29, ShoePie
08 - Stylo
07 - The Giggle-O, garyd, Winterlight
06 - Little Jersey Devil, Hellboy, Wayne Lewis, John Kelly, Andrew Lynch
05 - Flavian, Sean, Karlos the Great, Drew, Pedros, Summer G, Mannikin Bird, Tumble, Greggles, Happy Shopper, Timothy Marshal-Nichols, Rob B
04 - Shandonbelle, Andy W, losaavedra
02 - Stu R, Imamazed, Slack Bladder, Paul Nash, Boits, Gavin
01 - Scar Bum, veedeeplex, Grem, Macca, Ming The Mirthless, Minty, Shpadoinkle, Shaggy292, amillionpounds, Jake How, David Bussell, Charisma, Skibbington von Skubber, Ginger Jesus, Nick Rivers, Daddy Maz, Martin Bickle, Batman, Ray Dawson, Marion, Tooting Jo

Any ballsups, PM me please.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ April 10 2011, 9:31 AM BST

Grate range so congratulations to SEAN KNIGHT for winning! Get rat-anussed and PM me for next week's topic please.
Hence:
Votes - Points - Name

3 - 10 - Sean Night
1 - 5 - Angiebaby, Shirl the Whirl, Kasm, Ishy, Nil Putter, Scar Bum (welcome!), Steve Sunshine

Your new subject: ADVENTURE (Chosen by Mr Sunshine)
Rules:
One entry/vote per person. Anyone can enter regardless of colour, sex or inside leg measurement, except the kid who used to steal my dinner money.
Can be a sketch, joke, lyric or anything else as long as it's original and vaguely linked to the topic. Please try and only post your entry/vote and no other posts.
You can edit your entry as much as you want, up until the closing time.

Competition Closes: 17.4.11

Overall Leader Board is now:

Points - Name

192! - Mr Sunshine
154 - Otterfox
145 - Kasm
143 - Cool Mikado
141 - Michael Monkhouse
132 - Nigel Kelly
112 - Jebsly
108 - Frankie Rage
104 - Timbo
103 - Charley Rance
98 - Fred Peters
87 - Angiebaby
66 - Jude
65 - Baumski
63 - Ishy
61 - Gerry McDonnell
56 - Alex Mahon, Scratchyr
37 - Afinkawan
35 - Don P. Musey
32 - James, Swerytd, Paul Watson
28 - Leevil
26 - Bushbaby, David Chapman
25 - Craig H
23 - Roscoff
22 - Blobster
21 - Mikey J
20 - Nil Putters, Stephen Goodlad, James Harris, Kevin Murphy, Dannyjb1, Niteowl, Lazzard
18 - Tom
17 - Ellie
16 - Reg N, Eggie
15 - Cinnamon, Dale
14 - Stephen Birch
13 - Badge
12 - Geoff Mutton, Will Cam
11 - Steven
10 - Sean Knight, Robo, Nitram Skir, Socrates, Tom Campbell, Tommy Power, Waring
09 - ajp29, ShoePie
08 - Stylo
07 - Shirl the Whirl, The Giggle-O, garyd, Winterlight
06 - Little Jersey Devil, Hellboy, Wayne Lewis, John Kelly, Andrew Lynch
05 - Flavian, Sean, Karlos the Great, Drew, Pedros, Summer G, Mannikin Bird, Tumble, Greggles, Happy Shopper, Timothy Marshal-Nichols, Rob B
04 - Shandonbelle, Andy W, losaavedra
02 - Stu R, Imamazed, Slack Bladder, Paul Nash, Boits, Gavin
01 - Scar Bum, veedeeplex, Grem, Macca, Ming The Mirthless, Minty, Shpadoinkle, Shaggy292, amillionpounds, Jake How, David Bussell, Charisma, Skibbington von Skubber, Ginger Jesus, Nick Rivers, Daddy Maz, Martin Bickle, Batman, Ray Dawson, Marion, Tooting Jo

Any ballsups, PM me please.

Start with spelling the winner's name right.

THE ADVENTURE OF ENTERING SKIT COMP FOR THE FIRST TIME.

VADER STARTS THINKING ABOUT WHAT TO WRITE FOR SKIT COMP AND COMES UP WITH AN IDEA FOR A SKIT.

VADER DEVELOPS THE IDEA INTO WHAT HE CONSIDERS TO BE A REALLY FUNNY SKIT.

VADER DECIDES THE SKIT IS TOO GOOD TO WASTE SO ENTERS THIS INSTEAD.

VADER DOESN'T LIKE USING ALL UPPERCASE, BUT VADER DOESN'T TALK TO HIMSELF EXCEPT TO SHOUT AT THE TV, WHICH DOESN'T REALLY COUNT, AND WASN'T EVEN WATCHING TV WHEN HE WROTE THIS.

VADER THINKS THIS SKIT IS A BIT RUBBISH, BUT HOPES YOU WILL ALL VOTE FOR IT ANYWAY.

DAFFY

CLASSROOM.
A NICE LICKLE TEACHER sits in front with a big book on her lap:

TEACHER Hello children hello hello. This morning I'm going to read you all a lovely little tale by a very clever man called Mr Hargreaves, so F**KING SHUT UP and listen.
"This is the story of Mr Gadaffi. Mr Gadaffi was a foreign man and a leader and a mentalist.
Mr Gadaffi was extremely nasty.
For instance.
If Mr Gadaffi saw someone walking along a street, he'd do something nasty all right!
Mr Gadaffi was exceedingly nasty.
For instance.
If he saw someone reading a book, he'd do something nasty all right!
Mr Gadaffi was exorbitantly nasty.
For instance.
If he saw coloureds leading a national insurrection, he'd do something nasty all right!
One day Mr Gadaffi was torturing a military prisoner. He saw a worm.
'Hello,' said the worm.
'Hello,' said Mr Gadaffi.
'What are you doing?' said the worm.
'Nothing,' said Mr Gadaffi. 'Just attaching electrodes to this f**ker's knob.'
'Oh,' said the worm. He was a worm of few words..." (frowns) Why did he put that in? Anyway...
"Now one day Mr Gadaffi met Mr Obama at a big conference. Mr Obama was very clever and powerful and half-coloured.
'Mr Gadaffi, you are extremely nasty,' he said.
Mr Gadaffi sighed. 'Yes, I suppose I am,' he said.
'We want you to stop doing nasty things... Start doing nice things instead!'
Mr Gadaffi smiled. 'You're right,' he said.
And Mr Obama smiled too.
And from that day forth, every time Mr Gadaffi wanted to do something nasty - he'd do something nice instead.
He stopped buying weapons of mass destruction from China. He bought them from England instead. And he said he would never use them and England could give the money to poor people and the church and politicians.
He said that any Arab wishing to volunteer for Palestinian terrorist groups could register his name at any Libyan embassy and would be given adequate training for combat.
He wrote a nice letter to Mr Obama. He said, 'To our son, his excellency, even if Libya and the United States of America enter into a war, God forbid, you will always remain a son. Your picture will not be changed.... Al-Qaida is an armed organisation, passing through Algeria, Mauritania and Mali. What would you do if you found them controlling American cities with the power of weapons? What would you do, so I can follow your example.'
So next time you want to do something nasty, you know what to do don't you? (turns page) Nice things!"

DAVE AND PAM, A THIRTY-SOMETHING COUPLE, ARE SITTING ON THE SETTEE WATCHING TELLY. DAVE STARTS STROKING PAM'S LEG.

PAM -
You can pack that in until EastEnders has finished!

DAVE -
I only wanted a little chat.

PAM -
Oh yeah?

DAVE -
Yeah.........I was thinking that we could have a little adventure!

PAM -
Oh no! That chocolate mousse got everywhere!

DAVE -
No, it's something I read about. Little adventures for couples. Right, I go off to a bar, and I'm having a quiet drink, when this gorgeous woman comes in and starts flirting with me.

PAM -
Not if she likes her eyes in her sockets, she doesn't!

DAVE -
No, you don't get it! The gorgeous woman is you!

PAM -
Oh!

DAVE -
Obviously, we're just pretending!

PAM -
Great. I'm pretending to be a gorgeous woman?

DAVE -
No Babes, you are gorgeous, but we're pretending we don't know each other, so we flirt like mad!

PAM -
Oh, right. They'll piss themselves laughing down the White Horse.

DAVE -
We go to a pub where they don't know us.

PAM -
That'll be miles away!

DAVE -
We can drive.

PAM -
We'll have to take two cars, because we're not supposed to know each other, so neither of us can have a drink.

DAVE -
Good point. Fancy an adventure on the settee?

PAM -
The bed would be more comfortable.

DAVE -
Okay, you've talked me into it, Babes!

PAM -
Yeah, when EastEnders has finished.

DAVE -
Okay. Your turn on top!

More of a short story really(or long depending how you look at it)

Two friends met at a railway station. Barry Wilkes and Steve Park rendezvoused, as agreed between the large mural of Joan of Arc sneezing on a tulip and the picture of Abraham Lincoln biting the leg of his trousers.

Barry and Steve had been friends for many years and had recently been initiated into the secret organisation known as S.O.L.K.H.E or the Seekers of Lesser Known Historical Events. This group had an uncanny ability of seeking out and finding obscure events in the lives of famous historical figures. The railway station, which was only known to members of the S.O.L.K.H.E. was then used as a meeting point. The trains would send members to predetermined points in time to witness these obscure events take place.

Both Barry and Steve had been initiated on the same day. Several tests had to be passed and very specific criteria had to be met to become a member. Such as the fact that your father had to be or have been a member. Your father also had to know someone called Wilfert or Buxman (if he knew someone called Wilfert Buxman you would automatically jump to level five) and at some point in his life he had to have dipped his toothbrush into milk and thrown it at a badger.

The organisation was now over two hundred years old and in that time remained very clear on its stance on female members, they were allowed. However they had to pass all the same tests as the men and during the initiation the female members had to wear one white wellington and one blue sock. Because of recent attacks on several white wellington factories Andrea Bailey was the only female to be initiated in the same class as Barry and Steve, a fact that certainly did not escape the pair.

They had already held many conversations about how they hoped that Andrea would be on their first Timetrain. Steve had half-jokingly remarked how he was sick of looking at Barry already and how he would like something much prettier to look at. Andrea, at twenty eight, with long wavy blonde hair and large deep-blue eyes would certainly make the time go faster. The boys could not help but steal a glance or two at Andrea during the ceremonial song of their initiation and even wearing a white wellington and blue sock it failed to detract from her obvious beauty and somehow made her even more endearing.

As they had a few minutes to kill before their first briefing they challenged themselves to remember the ceremonial song they had sung six months before. They began:

'Oh inquisitive mind for times gone by
Leave no stone unturned for we must fly
Back through the ages and piece together the hints
The seekers of lesser known historical events

Let's not take a spaceship it's not invented yet
And for the same reason not a jumbo jet
We would have to wait until their creator invents

We don't want to witness what's in books of history
Like the details involving the Jack the Ripper mystery
We would prefer to watch him eating some mints

Unknown to the outside, just known within
We have only male members and also women
If a train disappears and you don't know where it went
It was us, we're the SOLKHE, an unknown fraternity, a secret society, an obscure variety
We're the seekers of lesser known historical events'.

Barry and Steve were a little too happy with themselves after completing the song successfully and excitedly made their way to the briefing that would pre-empt their first trip through time. The pair, being very much interested in astronomy had selected Neil Armstrong as their D.F. or Destination Focus. The event that they had chosen to witness was of course that day in 1969 when Neil Armstrong walked on a wet teabag in his socks.

It was two weeks after he had returned from the moon. The astronomer was sitting at the breakfast table having his supper when the incident took place. He had taken off his shoe to itch his foot when he heard the toast pop up. Being a stickler for the butter melting into the bread he hastily turned and hopped (as was his want) towards the counter landing directly on a teabag that had been dropped just moments before.

As the boys entered the briefing room they were greeted by the unmistakably enchanting face of Amanda Bailey.

'Hello boys', she began, in an almost playful way.

'Nice of you to join me', she continued with a slight smirk on her face.

Steve attempted a reply but nothing of substance came out:

'Well we thought..we didn't..how..do you...are you going on the'-

'Neil Armstrong walking on a wet teabag in his sock mission; indeed I am and if you two silly sods weren't so busy singing songs and holding hands and staring at the Lincoln Pants Bite painting we would be able to leave a lot sooner'.

'Well we have to wait for Captain Staples to brief us before we can do anything', came Steve's much more definite reply as he attempted to eradicate all traces of the shambles that was his first sentence.

'Yeah, the Staples brief, the mission detail, then the suit and boot', chimed Barry.

He sensed that Steve's last sentence was far more impressive than his first and did not want to afford him any sort of early advantage in the eyes of Amanda....those beautiful big blue eyes that-

Barry's daydream was cut short by the entrance of Captain Staples. A small tubby man with very tall greying hair. It was as if he had taken a hair straighteners to it but somehow managed to style it vertically in a desperate attempt to appear taller than he was. The three fledgling members of the SOLKHE had witnessed many amazing and inexplicable feats since being indoctrinated but few rivalled Captain Staples gravity-defying hair.

'Alright, what have we got here?' began Staples as he looked over the rim of his glasses.

'Oh look, a triumvirate, a triad, the triple, the tri-ang-le', continued Staples as he made the shape of a triangle with his forefinger.

'And the three of you are...lets see...aah lovely...the Neil Armstrong walking on a teabag. Brilliant choice if I do say so myself'.

'Now as this is your first trip it is important that you know exactly what you need to do. Essentially you are going to be looking through a window onto the event. You can see them, they can't see you. We are giving you five minutes which is plenty of time to witness an astronaut walk on a teabag.

Do not touch anything, do not sneeze, do not cough, do not make a sound! Your D.F. can hear you so it is imperative that you are silent. We are in full control of your carriage. When the five minutes are up we pull you back, any questions?

Barry started.

'What happens if we make noise'?

'Neil Armstrong hears you, putting the mission and our whole organisation in grave jeopardy. Any other questions'?

Andrea pressed Staples.

'But what if he does hear us? Is there any protocol that we should adhere to?'

'Yes. Don't let the first man on the moon hear you'! Now put on these', he said handing them each what looked like a pair of thick rimmed glasses attached to a swimming cap.

Barry put on his cap.

'Do we need these to see the event'?

'No, I just like how people look in them'.

'A-are you being sarcastic'?

'Of course not.'

All three now looked confused and asked in unison:

'Are you being sarcastic now'?

'Nooo'.

The manner in which Captain Staples replied still failed to clarify if he was speaking in legitimate terms.

Steve had had enough.

'Captain can you just tell us do we have to wear the cap/glasses combo to see the event or are you just asking us to wear them because you like them'?

'Well done team. You have asked three questions. Most teams would have only asked two questions in relation to sarcasm. Now your timetrain waits, step aboard.'

With a final stroke of his altitudinous hair Staples wished the team luck, turned on his heel and disappeared.

Barry, Steve and Andrea stepped into the carriage that would allow them to travel through time. They were abuzz with excitement as the realisation of their journey began to sink in. They were about to become members of an elite group of people. A path that very few people had tread, they would travel through the pages of history and witness an event that did not quite make those pages, they could not wait.

The train began to gradually rise in volume until it was almost unbearable. A white light engulfed the train and it began to speed through a tunnel of light with such velocity that the trio were pinned back in their seats. Steve held up the cap glasses.

'So doo wee have to wear this thing then or whaaaaaat'!!?

The others had no time to answer as they found themselves staring into Neil Armstrong's kitchen. Could this be? Were they actually in the year 1969 and observing the man who just a few weeks previously had only a few weeks to go before he would walk on a teabag. An event that the trio were now about to witness.

They all sat perfectly still and watched in wonder as the event unfolded. There in front of them sat Neil Armstrong, his wife and three kids.

The astronaut was casually reading the paper when his face winced slightly, he slipped off his shoe, the itch was taking place. This was it. The next thirty seconds seemed to move in slow motion. Mr. Armstrong's toast popped up, he immediately turned and hopped off his seat forgetting that his left shoe was lying helplessly under the table. It was on his second step that it happened, the ball of Armstrong's foot planted itself directly on a very soggy, recently dropped teabag. His sock would be wet, there would be no doubt about it.

'How could this happen'?, he exclaimed.

'Where could it possible have come from'? I mean I just don't understand it'.

The three latest SOLKHE members looked on in awe. They had witnessed their favourite moment in history and looking at the clock they still had just over a minute of viewing time left.

Back in Neil Armstrong's kitchen his phone began to ring. He cleared his family out of the kitchen as this was a private call he had been waiting for from NASA. Limping now he made his way to the phone.

The observers were not aware that a phone call immediately followed the teabag incident but with a bit of luck they would garner even more information on this historic day. But how could it possibly top what just took place?

'Hello'?, he began.

'Yes this is a secure line'.

'Yes it was on the dark side. Three hundred metres from the flag sir'.

'It was at least twice as big as our craft'.

'What do you mean it's been moved? How can that be'?

'It looks like we don't have a choice, we're going to have to get the SOLKHE involved in this'.

Had the time travellers heard right? Did Neil Armstrong not only know of the existence of their secret organisation but was also actively work with them?

This threw everything they had been taught into question. Just exactly how powerful were the SOLHKE and how far did their influence stretch? They had certainly learned much more than they had ever imagined and they waited with bated breath to see what they would learn next but with a flash they were gone.

END.

Pun Big Adventure

INT. SPANISH VILLA. DAY

THREE SPANISH FLEAS ARE ON THE FLOOR OF A BEDROOM LOOKING UP AT A MAN ASLEEP IN BED. THE KITCHEN IS VISIBLE THROUGH AN OPEN DOOR

FLEA MAJORS
...and finally, for the third part of our quest, we will wait till this big fat dollop is awake and then scale him. (HE UNFURLS A PLAN OF A FAT HUMAN AND POINTS TO THE FEET) Once we're over the foothills we will begin the first leg of our journey (POINTS TO THE LEFT LEG). We will then circumvent the tangled forest of the rancid cheese serpent (INDICATES GROIN)

FLEADLE-DUM
Circumcise?

FLEA MAJORS
Size? No circumvent - size has nothing to do with it.

FLEADLE-DEE
Can't we go round the back?

FLEA MAJORS
No! If things went wrong we'd be right up shit creek - keep to the plan.

FLEADLE-DEE
But your way could be a total bollocks up!

FLEADLE-DUM
What's that big hole in the middle of his tummy? I can't stop staring at it.

FLEA MAJORS
Stop navel gazing. We'll be fine once we cross to the Pec district, as long as we avoid these two large pits (points at the armpits) - it could be a bit hairy if we got trapped in those. We'll then approach the summit at this point (INDICATES THE JAW)

FLEADLE-DUM
You're going to take it on the chin?!

FLEADLE-DEE
We can't - I haven't got a head for heights!

FLEA MAJORS
You're not scared, are you?!

FLEADLE-DUM
But he's a bull fighter. They're dangerous aren't they?

FLEADLE-DEE
What - a bull fighter? It's bad enough with the first part of the quest where we have to climb that kitchen window...

FLEA MAJORS
Don['t call it a window! This is the best sealed, UPVC double-glazed unit on the market!

FLEADLE-DEE
Whatever - and then we've got the second part where you expect us to climb the cooker.

FLEA MAJORS
Aga! It's a bloody Aga! Will you two concentrate! Stop panicking, it'll be fun scaling the red-hot bit at the front.

FLEADLE-DUM
But none of it makes sense. What's the point?

FLEA MAJOR
Point? Point?! This will be the greatest adventure of all time... conquering Everest, then scaling the north face of the Aga and finally climbing the Matador - all in one day!

FLEADLE-DEE
You're mental. Come on Fleadle-Dum, let's do what we do - and flee!

END

ALI BABA AND HIS FORTY THIEVES ARE ON THEIR MAGIC CARPET. THEY FLOAT MERRILY OVER LAND AND SEA SAMPLING EXOTIC DELIGHTS IN FAR FLUNG CORNERS OF THE GLOBE

THIEF 1
So where next Ali? I fancy a hover above the Nile, stop for refreshment at the Pyramid Tearooms?

THIEF 2
Helterskeltering through the Hanging Gardens of Babylon?

ALI BABA
Somewhere that surpasses all the great wonders you have thusfar beheld, we are bound for Croydon

THIEVES IN UNISON
Croydon?

ALI BABA
Yes, double double discount sale at Carpet Warehouse ends Sunday, and 25% extra off remnants, we've no time to waste

1. INT OFFICE. A PORTLY, JOLLY BOSS (MR SMEDLEY) INVITES A MIDDLE AGED MAN (PETERS) INTO HIS OFFICE.

SMEDLEY:
Ah Peters. Please come in.

PETERS
Hello sir.

SMEDLEY:
Peters, I like you. I like you a lot. You're my most trusted and valued manager. Over the years I've come to think of you as a son.

PETERS:
Really sir?

SMEDLEY:
Ok, perhaps that is a bit strong. Let's say a favourite, illegitimate son conceived under a windswept bus shelter.

PETERS:
Thank you sir.

SMEDLEY:
And yet, I'm troubled Peters. If you don't mind me saying you're not one of life's most gregarious individuals. You're a steady chap. The sort of chap you can rely on. The sort of chap that wouldn't for instance let another chaps wife know if he saw him lasciviously pawing his secretaries glorious Bristols by the photocopier.

PETERS:
I saw nothing sir.

SMEDLEY:
Exactly Peters. However, you're nearly forty Peters. You've no wife and no children. I can't stand idly by anymore. I worry that one day you're just going to snap and go off the rails. I need a reliable hand on the tiller, especially with me in the crows nest.

PETERS SMILES AND GOES THROUGH A WELL WORN ROUTINE, POINTING OVER SMEDLEYS SHOULDER

PETERS:
Iceberg sir.

SMEDLEY RECOILS IN MOCK HORROR

SMEDLEY:
I only went to the bar for a few pints. Christ alive, we're going down like a sack of spuds.

THEY BOTH CHUCKLE

PETERS:
I'm flattered by your concern sir, but really, I'm happy. You don't need to worry.

SMEDLEY:
Everyone needs a bit of adventure Peters. Do you know what I did for my 40th?

PETERS:
Had a wild party no doubt.

SMEDLEY:
I sold all my possessions and hitched around the world. Five days later I was watching the sun come up on Bondai beach, naked, violently drunk on cooking sherry and bellowing like a bear. A year later, I'd lost ten stone, the hearing in one ear and a testicle. Can't remember any of it now though, but I'm sure I had a fantastic time.

PETERS:
Goodness.

SMEDLEY:
So Peters, I've sorted out a weeks sabbatical for use both. I've hired a catamaran, invited along some glorious women and installed a ping-pong table. Now go and pack your bags, spread your wings and get ready to fly Peters, fly.

SMEDLEY STANDS UP AND OPENS THE WINDOW BECKONING PETERS OUT

PETERS:
Sir we're on the sixth floor.

SMEDLEY:
Oh. Then take the lift my boy. Take the lift. That's an order.

FADE

2. EXT ON THE OPEN SEA. PETERS IS TANNED, LAUGHING, JOKING AND PLAYING PING-PONG WITH A SCANTILY CLAD YOUNG WOMAN. SMEDLEY IS SMOKING A CIGAR AND HAS ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL WOMAN ON HIS ARM. PETERS LOOKS AT HIM AND HIS SMILE FADES.

PETERS:
Sir? Who's steering the boat?

FADE

3. EXT DESERT ISLAND. SMEDLEY IS DRESSED IN A SPLENDID CAPE OF PALM LEAVES AND SITTING AT A MAKESHIFT DESK MADE OUT OF DRIFTWOOD. PETERS APPROACHES HIM WEARING ONLY A COCONUT SHELL.

PETERS:
Hello sir. The escape raft is going well. I think you agreeing to divert time from making you some golf clubs was a sensible move.

SMEDLEY:
Wonderful news Peters.

PETERS TURNS AROUND

SMEDLEY:
Oh and Peters?

PETERS:
Yes sir?

SMEDLEY:
Next time I suggest adventure, thrills and danger let's just rent Raiders Of The Lost Ark

PETERS HAS A SMALL SMILE ON HIS FACE AND NODS

Adventure

A EUCALYPTUS FOREST IN AUSTRALIA. HUMPHREY AND REGINALD, TWO 18TH CENTURY ADVENTURERS, SEE A KOALA IN THE TREES, EATING LEAVES.

HUMPHREY: So it is true. The koala actually exists. What does it say about it in the Adventure Guide?

REGINALD FLICKS THROUGH THE PAGES OF THE GUIDE BOOK IN HIS HAND.

REGINALD: It says here that the koala...

JUST THEN THE KOALA PULLS OUT A PISTOL FROM ITS POUCH AND SHOOTS HUMPHREY. AS HUMPHREY LIES ON THE GROUND CLUTCHING HIS BLOODY CHEST, THE KOALA WANDERS OFF TO THE NEXT TREE.

REGINALD: Eats shoots and leaves.

INT: HOTEL RECEPTION. TABLE MOUNTAIN, CAPE TOWN IS IN THE BACKGROUND.

RECEPTION:So that's River Rafting at 8, Rock Climbing at 9, and if you're up for the Great White Shark dive, meet us in reception at 5 am.

AMANDA:I think I've give those a miss.

RECEPTION:What's the matter? Can't handle high-octane, heart-stopping, poop-in-your-pants action?

AMANDA:It all just sounds a bit hectic really.

RECEPTION:This is an Extreme Adventures holiday.

AMANDA:Haven't you got any activities that don't require as much activity?

RECEPTION:Well you could do this afternoon's safari, taking in lions, elephant, crocodile.

AMANDA:That sounds nice, I'll be hungry by then.

RECEPTION:Unfortunately madam, no eating of endangered species is allowed.

AMANDA:Oh, well, I'll just top-up my tan at the pool.

RECEPTION:Don't you know how dangerous that is?

AMANDA:And then I might take a taxi into the town and buy some cigarettes.

RECEPTION:You Brits are proper hard-core, Respect!

THEY HIGH-FIVE EACH OTHER

WE SEE A HORSE APPROACH FROM THE DISTANCE AND A HOODED CAPED FIGURE DISMOUNTS & APPROACHES

ZORRO:
I am Zorro and I have come to infiltrate the Palace, Kill Captain Ramon & rescue the Contessa.

ZORRO GROANS AND WE PULL BACK TO REVEAL THAT HE HAS BEEN STABBED BY 2 GUARDS STANDING EITHER SIDE OF HIM

V/O
WARNING! WEARING MASKS CAN SERIOUSLY AFFECT YOUR PERIPHERAL VISION.

BILBO STANDS, HIS HAND GRIPPING THE SMALL GOLD RING ATTACHED TO THE CHAIN AROUND HIS NECK. TONIGHT HE MUST LEAVE THE SHIRE FOR MORDOR AND, IN HIS HEART, CERTAIN DEATH.

Mrs Baggins (LOOKING HIM UP AND DOWN)
Is that what you're wearing?

Great dialogue from Ishy, but I'm itching to give to my vote to Kasm for 'groanabilty' :D Just a pity it wasn't scratchyr that wrote it.

So, Kasm it is.

Shandonbelle