Mrs. Brown's Boys - Series 1 Page 9

Final episode not as good as episode 5 (the best episode in my opinion), and the final big song'n'dance number is obviously stage-show made televisual; funny but... <shrugs>.

That said, the episode was funny, though Grandad suddenly a walking, talking character was a bit inconsistent for the series.

Overall, I've enjoyed this series and really didn't expect to at all. I laughed a *lot* at points and will watch the second series when it comes back.

Dan

I watched the original Mrs. Brown's Boys stage shows on DVD and thought he had made a much better job as a sitcom.

I saw Mrs Brown live on stage in Edinburgh and loved her/him. Looked forward to the TV series and enjoyed the first few episodes however...and you can call me fickle...the old "what's got a hazelnut in every bite" joke and the constant use of the word "feck" (found that a bit boring) put me off...having said that there were some very funny bits...if they make another series I would probably give it another try.

:) I suppose it has simple humour, very old fashioned, but very sexist and racist in its entirety. If you love ok, but I prefer more sophisicated humour.

dellas, forgive me, I don't mean to be rude, but sexist? Racist? Just how many of the shows you've commented on recently have you actually watched?

Quote: Aaron @ April 10 2011, 11:19 AM BST

dellas, forgive me, I don't mean to be rude, but sexist? Racist? Just how many of the shows you've commented on recently have you actually watched?

:( I would not assume to comment unless I had watched an episode, if I have an opinion it is valid.
I really don't understand how a sophisticated chap like you believes that Mrs. Brown's Boys is not sexsist, ageist and racist.

Unfortunately for you, Aaron is massively grammarist and spellist. And rightly so.

Dan

Quote: dellas @ April 11 2011, 2:19 AM BST

I really don't understand how a sophisticated chap like you believes that Mrs. Brown's Boys is not sexsist, ageist and racist.

Can you explain how it is?

Sorry to intrude, but the wife got a pair of tickets to see 'Good Mourning Mrs Brown' with O'Carroll and co in Bournemouth on the 11th of June, and I'm quite looking forward to it.

I enjoyed Mrs. Brown's Boys, but have to agree with a previous poster that the finale could have been better. I would imagine it comes across better when you're in a theatre audience.

Skoob.

Quote: Richard Wells @ March 22 2011, 1:58 PM BST

I am just in fits of laughter all the way through.

If you're in 'fits of laughter all the way through' then they're not really "fits", are they? You sound like you're just having one long uninterrupted hilarity seizure, akin to status epilepticus. I suggest consulting with your doctor in order to review your medication dosages. Remember, continuous fitting can lead to brain damage.

Rolling eyes Methinks more like 'Delerium- tremens', a sad condition usually only affecting men who have silly opinions.

My husband just discovered this through YouTube starting with the bikini wax. I haven't heard him laugh like that in a while.

Does anyone else find it jarring the way they suddenly lurch from farce to 'Mrs Brown suddenly goes all serious and delivers an emotional speech' and then into an arse gag?

Whistling nnocently It's Fecking jarring all the way through.
No point in me speaking as I am labelled as a moaner right now!