Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 2 Page 2

*high-fives Nil*

This is great news.

Quote: Aaron @ April 9 2011, 1:11 AM BST

*high-fives Nil*

Posts like this from Aaron are the reason I don't post much on here.

Still, good to see the series has an airdate now. Looking forward to it despite the crappy time slot.

Quote: Aaron @ April 9 2011, 1:11 AM BST

*high-fives Nil*

*high-five back*

Quote: Simon Mulvaney @ April 9 2011, 11:08 AM BST

Posts like this from Aaron are the reason I don't post much on here.

Nil's are fine though...

I just read on Armando Iannucci's Twitter account that he has filmed some more red button interview sketches with Stewart Lee.

Quote: zooo @ April 9 2011, 12:31 PM BST

Nil's are fine though...

Well, I couldn't leave him hanging. :P

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 8 2011, 10:37 PM BST

No.

Go on.

I just read on Armando Iannucci's Twitter account that he has filmed some more red button interview sketches with Stewart Lee.

Well that's good news, they were great last time round. Utterly bizarre scheduling decision though - you wonder if whoever commissioned the series has moved on and it's now not got as much support within the BBC (apparently that was a problem with the second series of Fist of Fun).

And even if they can only get a slot at 11:20 on BBC Two, surely this is the kind of series that could be perfect for primetime on BBC Four?

You all know the rule: if it's not f**ked about with in the schedules, then it's not a proper Stewart Lee TV show.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ April 11 2011, 10:36 AM BST

You all know the rule: if it's not f**ked about with in the schedules, then it's not a proper Stewart Lee TV show.

Dan

Quoted for truth :(

I heard the second series is just going to be the same material as the first, just delivered more slowly and with greater emphasis.

(sorry Tony)

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ April 12 2011, 1:58 PM BST

I heard the second series is just going to be the same material as the first, just delivered more slowly and with greater emphasis.

(sorry Tony)

Hahaha, that genuinely made me belly laugh.

:)

Just bought tickets for this. Good line-up for anybody around at the beginnings of alternative comedy. Curated by Stewart Lee and Paul Jackson.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2011/04/08/13100/acceptable_in_the_eighties

From Stu's website:

SUNDAY 29TH May
At Last The 1981 Show
A celebration of the alternative comedy of 30 years ago curated by Stewart Lee and Paul Jackson at the Royal Festival Hall. At Last The 1981 Show presents acts who were part of the burgeoning new comedy scene, just before alternative comedy took off in 1982. Some you might have seen in that comedic Indian summer - some famous, some infamous, some unfamous - all massively significant.
It was 30 years ago today. Royal Festival Hall, 7.30pm
BILL IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER
Nigel Planer as Nicholas Craig and Neil The Folksinger
Arthur Smith
The Oblivion Boys
Norman Lovett
The Greatest Show On Legs
Andrew Bailey
Alexei Sayle
Arnold Brown
Kevin MacAleer
Frank Chicken
Chris Lynham
(and more who cannot be announced, including women)
Ticket link

I'm a big fan of Stewart Lee's stand-up, but I felt that the first series of Comedy Vehicle started to drag as it went on. His assessment of Chris Moyles' writing career is one of the greatest things shown on television in recent years however.