Have I Got News For You - Series 41

Some news about the forthcoming series. The new series will be shown in HD. Guest hosts include Jack Dee, Jo Brand, Bill Bailey and Stephen Mangan.

One person we know that will NOT appear will be Doug Stanhope, as can be seen in this YouTube clip - this clip is NSFW.

Be nice if they had some slightly more off-kilter hosts, but there we go.

It's hard to think this show's the same age as me.

Really excited about the new series. Jack Dee lined up as first host.

I love that guy.

http://theindeliblelifeofme.wordpress.com/

*Shameless fangirl moment*

Does anyone know if Lee Mack will be hosting an episode?

I haven't heard of anything to suggest that, yet.

Bummer.

Thanks anyway!

Having watched last night's episode I'd say there were highs and lows. Liked Hislop's quip about Obama and the light sabers, hated the appearence of yet another joke about Pickles being fat (they're recycling the ones they used for Prescott. There's a lot to get through - and that's not another Prescott joke by the way).

Enjoyed last night Cats looking like Hitler and Daily Sport headlines. Fantastic.

Have they dropped the extended editions? Can't see it listed in this week's Radio Times.

Quote: Stuart Collie @ April 10 2011, 9:16 PM BST

Have they dropped the extended editions? Can't see it listed in this week's Radio Times.

Wasn't on this week because of the golf, they'll be back next week (with the extended edition of this week's episode shown at some point in the future).

Quote: cwickham @ April 10 2011, 9:22 PM BST

Wasn't on this week because of the golf, they'll be back next week (with the extended edition of this week's episode shown at some point in the future).

Will they wait until it's topical again?

This week's: ok. Certainly a pleasant way to spend half an hour. Nothing overly special but I'm not asking it to be.

Mangan was very good. Best guest host ... well, that I can remember, it's been so long.

Pity about Bob Ainsworth's voice though.

Quote: Aaron @ April 18 2011, 1:24 AM BST

Mangan was very good. Best guest host ... well, that I can remember, it's been so long.

Pity about Bob Ainsworth though.

I fixed that bit for you.

Seriously though, what an utter plank tht chap was. Possibly the most inept Labour politician ever (and that's quite a list) and ineffectual defence minister and an absolutely laughable guest. I'm surprised he didn't get more of a ribbing, to be honest.

Fair point. But one moronic Labour politician is much the same as any other, so let's stick with the voice as what makes him so uniquely 'special'.

(Besides, if you don't have people like him on, you can't mock them as easily. And again, it's really a pity that that necessitates allowing him to speak. (And having to see that moustache. Sick))

Quote: Aaron @ April 18 2011, 1:22 PM BST

Fair point. But one moronic Labour politician is much the same as any other, so let's stick with the voice as what makes him so uniquely 'special'.

(Besides, if you don't have people like him on, you can't mock them as easily. And again, it's really a pity that that necessitates allowing him to speak. (And having to see that moustache. Sick))

We'll get you in the playground on May 5th !

And we know where you live !

>_<