Rik & Ade write retirement home comedy

I have heard both Rik and Ade mention this project at various points over the last few years. Well according to the comedy news section of this site it would seem that writing has begun. From the snippet of information we have it seems to suggest that the project will follow on in the style we are used to seeing them do such as The Young Ones, Bottom, Filthy Rich & Catflap and The Dangerous Brothers.

If you are a fan of Rik & Ade what are your thoughts, opinions, hopes and wishes for this new project? For me personally I'm very excited. No, scrap that. Mega Excited. But if I'm honest I also worry whether they can still produce the magic after all these years.

Def.

One more for the road, I say. Rik and Ade have given me more belly-laughs over the years than every comedy I've ever seen put together.

Come on you funny bastards, show these young 'comedy' arseholes how it's f**king done. You know you want to.

As long as the do anything, I will watch it, and purchase it on DVD.

Ade said he'd never work with Rik again as he'd become impossible to organise. So this is as exciting as it gets for me.

Unless they do a Bad News 'where are they now' mockumentary. In which case I will take up yoga classes for a year just to train myself to be able to bite my own bollocks in excitement.

EDIT:
"Rik and I have an idea for a sitcom for when we are very, very old. We want to set it in an old people's home 30 years hence. It will be like Bottom, but we will be hitting each other with colostomy bags!" -Ade Edmonson

Ah... might be some time then.

...If it wasn't just a passing joke.

Retirement home comedy - that's a good idea. I wonder why nobody from here had come up with that one.

WHat about The Old Ones Griff ;)

It will probably be like Waiting For God on acid

On acid? Why acid? I've never noticed any hallucinatory qualities in any of their earlier work, Peter.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ April 8 2011, 8:54 AM BST

On acid? Why acid? I've never noticed any hallucinatory qualities in any of their earlier work, Peter.

Didn't mean lierally on acid, just meant it will be a flipped out version of Waiting For God.

And Caroline Aherne is working on one about security guards. Hmmm. Both ideas for which scripts have been floating about in critique. I know that there are industry people on here in disguise but are they using us a testbed?

Quote: Griff @ April 8 2011, 11:30 AM BST

No.

I wouldn't be so sure! ;)

Quote: KLRiley @ April 8 2011, 11:26 AM BST

And Caroline Aherne is working on one about security guards. Hmmm. Both ideas for which scripts have been floating about in critique. I know that there are industry people on here in disguise but are they using us a testbed?

Dont mind Caroline Aherne but I don't think her show will top Nightingales

:) They could call it 'Old Bottom Ones', plenty of room for poo and piss and farts. Licence to letch and dribble, false gnashers, suction problems, arthritis preventing wanks! ... A male orgasmatron of comedy!

Quote: dellas @ April 8 2011, 1:44 PM BST

arthritis preventing wanks!

Is this NHS Guidance?

Quote: Griff @ April 8 2011, 11:30 AM BST

No.

:) Why not? A lot of stuff on here is male, sexist, puerile, laddish!

After The Young Ones, Mr Mayall said his next project would be 'exploring new fields'. Check:
The Young Ones - manic self-obsessed Rik.
Filthy, Rich and Catflap - manic self-obsessed Richie.
Bottom - manic self-obsessed Richie.
What's next?
PS I love Rik Mayall.