Harry & Paul - Series 3 Page 14

Glad to see this show axed. Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse are well passed their sell-buy date!

*past (their) *sell-by (date)

Where did you hear this news?

And 'Harry and Paul' has been easily as good as any other sketch show in the last few years. It may not be perfect, but I haven't noticed much new, young, fresh sketch comedy talent in any danger of making these two look dated. They are still two of our best comedy acting talents.

I don't think it has been axed; not just yet anyway.

Quote: Tim Walker @ January 25 2011, 1:07 PM GMT

*past (their) *sell-by (date)

Where did you hear this news?

And 'Harry and Paul' has been easily as good as any other sketch show in the last few years. It may not be perfect, but I haven't noticed much new, young, fresh sketch comedy talent in any danger of making these two look dated. They are still two of our best comedy acting talents.

The BBC need to get rid of this pair to make way for new, young, fresh sketch comedy talent.

Quote: Charlie Boy @ January 25 2011, 1:24 PM GMT

The BBC need to get rid of this pair to make way for new, young, fresh sketch comedy talent.

Such as...?

Horne & Corden?

Charlie's clearly a fan of Logan's Run.

And 'Lee Nelson's Well Good Show', naturally...

This sincerely had better not been axed. Easily the best sketch show for a long time. Both of the chaps at the top of their game. Maybe they're 'too old' in the mind of the little ageist boy who dropped this post in, but I really don't think we need exclusively young acts on telly. If you are obsessed with young acts, I recommend Dick and Dom's new Saturday morning show.

Otherwise, f**k right off.

Thank you very much.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a300025/bbc-two-denies-harry--paul-axe.html

That seems to be the equivalent of the dreaded 'vote of confidence' that football managers get.

Can't believe Harry and Paul got another series. They've seriously lost it and need to stop experimenting and bring back old characters. How about the Double-Take Brothers? Trouble is, thickoes append every sentence with 'innit' since Stavros and the obnoxious 'loadsamoneys' who popped up after Harry's characters are bad for society and I'd hate it if impersonations of the Benefits Family were to become commonplace. They're not funny and, in fact, are very intimidating. Despite the silhouette they've given me, I am not Morph and will be downloading a proper picture soon.

Quote: Nemesis @ April 5 2011, 12:15 PM BST

Can't believe Harry and Paul got another series.

I can. It was a bit hit and miss at times, but overall I've enjoyed their recent series. They still make me laugh.

Just heard the terrible news about HARRY & PAUL.
It's coming back for another series.

The last series, with the exception of a couple of Parking Patewayo sketches was so bad it was almost embarrassing. Surprised it's coming back, although I guess I shouldn't be.

Quote: Nemesis @ April 5 2011, 12:15 PM BST

Trouble is, thickoes append every sentence with 'innit' since Stavros and the obnoxious 'loadsamoneys'

Well, then, maybe you should blame the thickoes for their casual appropriation. Innit.

So glad this is coming back. The last series contained some of their best work. If you have any taste, and haven't somehow been rendered insensible, that is. ;)