Hi all - What on earth do I remember?

Hello comedy fans. I've been racking my brains and Google searching today in the hope of finding the name of a comedy sketch show I would laugh at during my time at secondary school in the mid 90s. Unfortunatly I have had no luck, however I stumbled across this excellent site so its not all bad news.

The one sketch I remember involved a padantic jobs-worth scottish ticket inspector standing by a doorway preventing anyone from entering for the most rediculously petty reason. He would say -

"Tickets to me, valid tickets to me. You cannot enter without a valid ticket"

Someone would then approach with a ticket, the inspector finds a reason to refuse entry and an arguement would unfold.

Any ideas? Rolling eyes

Quote: AlexG @ April 4 2011, 2:47 PM BST

Hello comedy fans. I've been racking my brains and Google searching today in the hope of finding the name of a comedy sketch show I would laugh at during my time at secondary school in the mid 90s. Unfortunatly I have had no luck, however I stumbled across this excellent site so its not all bad news.

The one sketch I remember involved a padantic jobs-worth scottish ticket inspector standing by a doorway preventing anyone from entering for the most rediculously petty reason. He would say -

"Tickets to me, valid tickets to me. You cannot enter without a valid ticket"

Someone would then approach with a ticket, the inspector finds a reason to refuse entry and an arguement would unfold.

Any ideas? Rolling eyes

Probably either Naked Video or Pulp Video

Or PMQs, sounds alot like Gordon Brown.

Lol.

I don't think it was Absolutely.

Wicked stuff. I've just YouTubed Pulp Video and found it. Thanks :D

I had an inking as I worked on the show ;)

I lose count of the number of people trying to remember Pulp Video.

Quote: Marc P @ April 4 2011, 3:46 PM BST

Really? Were you a writer or something? And if so, out of curiosity, do you remember any of the sketches you wrote?

And why did they make you get a tattoo?

Quote: Marc P @ April 4 2011, 3:46 PM BST

Oh come on Marc, you expect us to believe you worked on this show from the mid-90's?????

Why you'd only have been a baby then. :)

Quote: AngieBaby @ April 4 2011, 8:37 PM BST

Oh come on Marc, you expect us to believe you worked on this show from the mid-90's?????

Why you'd only have been a baby then. :)

I was :)

Quote: zooo @ April 4 2011, 7:50 PM BST

And why did they make you get a tattoo?

:D

Quote: His Own Devices @ April 4 2011, 7:41 PM BST

Really? Were you a writer or something?

Yes I am still that or something.:)

I have just watched and done credits for the pilot episode (1995), and Marc is definitely credited.

Quote: Aaron @ April 5 2011, 12:15 AM BST

I have just watched and done credits for the pilot episode (1995), and Marc is definitely credited.

I went up there for a board as script editor/producer for the comedy dept of BBC Scotland and they asked me to write on the show.